Coming off Tramadol after 2 years

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi! I'm new here. I was on another forum but I don't seem to get many replies, except for 1 person a few times. Anyway, I had a

botched knee surgery that led to several other knee surgeries, that led to a total knee replacement at the age of 42. I was put on Tramadol & was told that it was not addictive, nor were there any consequences coming off this evil med. I was taking 200-300mg/day & decided to do a super taper down to 75mg/day. This was just over 3 weeks ago. The 1st week 1/2 was completely miserable. I had constant anxiety, jittery, Hot & cold & bad sweats, belly aches/diarrhea, constant sneezing & coughing. I went to my primary care doc to discuss this with him & ask for help. He put me back on Lyrica & gave me Xanax. I try not to take that everyday. The past few days I finally felt great & then today I felt like the w/d's were starting all over again. The anxiety hit pretty hard again today. I'm so frustrated with the set back. I was even thinking of tapering down 25mg (1 pill) this coming Fri. Now I'm afraid to do so. I just want off this horrible medications.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,i have used tramadol in 3years now for my neck n spine because of a car accident few years ago.Now I m on like 1000-1200mg/day.A Lot!!!

Before that like 8-9 years ago a had problem with my knee,football accident,and even then they gave me tram.I had it in two years was up in 1000 mg /day and i decided to quit,I thought that 3-4 weeks was enough to quit,do it slowly you know,but did not work 2-3 times.

Then after that I thought I must have enough tramadol for like 6-9 months to quit really slowly,because I saw what devil was in tram!

I contacted 5-6 different doctors and everyone of them gave me like 100 tabs for a month,every month and I started with 1000 mg/day.

First month I came down to 700 mg/day,no bigger problem and stayed there in one week,then I go down again to 500 mg/ day next month and stay there 2 weeks (two weeks 500mg/day)

,after that I go down like 100 mg/ every month,but every 100 mg down I stayed there in one to two weeks,after 6-7 months I was down in 50 mg and stayed there 3-4 weeks,was afraid to quit,always had a 10 tram with me like to be safe.

But it took me 9 months to quit,but you have to do it very slowly if you want to be free.

Now after 4 years had neck problem and eating tram again 1200 mg/day,and when i be better in neck I will quit just like the first time.

Remember this,just do it slowly in your own tempo and you will succeed!!! It s the only way trust me,I promise!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.