Coming off Zopiclone & Adivan

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I need some comforting and positive thoughts please.

Just coming off of zopiclone after 3 months as the next day withdrawls were killing me. They'd star as soon as I woke up and continues throught the day, usually subsiding in the evening. I wasn't sure what was wrong with me at 1st as my anxiety was so bad.

Anyways, to make a long story short, my dr. prescribed 1mg adivan. I've been on it for over 3 weeks and have no more script (have 2 pills left) I was taking 1mg/day. Dr.doesn't want me on them anymore and has put me on mirtzipine.

I know what the zopiclone withdrawl feels like, my question is, am I also going to experience adivan withdrawl? I made the mistake of googling adivan withdrawl and it scares the living crap out of me to the point where I've worked myself into panic attacks over it. I've gone a whole 48hrs without it and haven't noticed anything other than bad anxiety (which I always have anyway). Will this get any better or worse. I'm scared s***less

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mike you have nothing to worry about with Ativan you have only been on it 3 weeks and to be honest you would be having withdrawal by now.Just get on the Mirtazapine and get off the Zops.You should really stop googling
    • Posted

Thanks for you kind words. I saw the dr today and she assured me that I'm not going to go through adivan withdrawls. My anxiety levels are so high that we came up with a plan to put me on clonazepam (klonopin) 3 times a day for 3 weeks to help get me out of this tailspin that I'm in. I'm hoping this will help. So I'm sticking with the mirtazapine for night and cipralex for day along with the clonazepam. I hate taking drugs..... But I'm so stuck, I feel I need the help.

• Posted

Drugs are a tool Mike as long as they are used sensibly again only use the klonopin if you need it and only for 3 weeks.Hopefully the antidepressants help however l hope you are going to get therapy as well.
    • Posted

Thanks Marleen,

No more adivan, no more zopiclone. I've taken my 1st does of Klonopin and already feel some relief. My anxiety is still through the roof but I should come down. The dr. explained to me why my anxiety is so bad and in a complete tail spin and it made sense to me as I was drinking pretty much everyday up until last month and using it to self medicate, now I quite completely 24 days ago. Today I'm feeling much better and hopeful. 

• Posted

Hi Mike,

If you have any trouble, I would see the Doc straight away and ask to come off them slowly...I would cut your last 2 tablets in half anyway so that you get 4 doses at half strength before stopping.

Everyone is different and will feel differently..i've just stopped(two nights ago) taking Serapax after 10months due to a AD change over that didn't go well. ...insomnia is the worst thing so far but I'm determined ..

Try and think positively even though your anxiety is probably through the roof.. the Mirt will kick in soon and I found Mirt made me sleepy which will help with any insomnia you might get from stopping Adivan..

Also, try and think ahead when everything is settled back down from all this and your on top of your anxiety.

After only 3 weeks, I don't think you'll have much trouble, most people only find the symptoms are bad after a long period of use..

Like I said, if you have any dramas, see the Doc about a slower taper to get off them but I think you'll be fine...your anxiety will make you worry more than normal over it..

G

• Posted

Hi Mike, I am tapering down off ativan myself. Been on it for 20 years, 3 mg a day. It is hard for me being I have been on it several years. August 24, 2017 I cut down to 2 and a half mg a night. September 10th I have cut down to 2 mg a night. Only got 2 hours sleep last night though and I am 61 years old and disabled. Saw doctor today and said I was doing great, but not go too fast. So to make a long story short, I think you are going to do amazing. So glad you were only on it 3 weeks. Keep us posted.
  • Posted

Today is much better. My Dr. appt went well and we came up with a plan to bring down my anxiety/panic attack tail spin. She explained whats going on with me and it all made sense. I'm not going through adivan withdrawl, but possibly zopiclone withdrawal as I was on it for months. I'm now on a 3 week regiment of klonopin to bring the anxiety tail spin down. I must say, today, although a little drowsy, I'm feeling much better and more positive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.