Coming out the other side??

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello

I have been on this forum too many times to count complaining and questioning the many symptoms of peri menopause I have had. So happy this forum was here because many were so helpful, and I knew I wasnt alone.

One of the worst was the anxiety and the feeling of always wanting to cry.

There were many days I went through the day in a fog just wanting the day to be over.

I had a very, very hard time. Doctor either suggested I start hrt or antidepressants.

I started neither. I did fill the antidepressant prescription because I was getting very desperate to feel better, but I never took it.

I am 56, my last spotting was the beginning of February, so I am still not officially in menopause.

Since I haven't visited the forum lately, I thought it was only appropriate I write.

I do not want to jinx myself, but as of late, maybe a month, the anxiety seems to have lifted .

(this was by far my worst symptom) It made me not want to leave the house, and if I had to go out I just got through what I had to do and couldn't get home fast enough.

The crying is somewhat still around. I wake up with the feeling of wanting to cry, nothing to look forward to. But I also attribute this to having other personal problems.

Anyway, if this helps, some of my horrible symptoms have passed.....FOR NOW anyway.

This was a question I have asked others, was there a light at the end of the tunnel?

And I think, if I didn't have other personal stuff going on, that I could say I am in a much better place.

(perimenopause related)

6 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Good to hear. Im post menopause now but now have bad acid reflux! Im hoping this is hormone related. I was very anxious and depressed in peri. Also had skin complaints! Hopefully latest ailment will subside!

• Posted

oMG thank you so much for sharing this positive note. so glad you are feeling better. this gives us the hope that there's a light at the end of this long dark tunnel. My worst symptoms are anxiety, headaches, heavy head and crying spells. Wish you all the best for menopause, keep sharing your progress to give us motivation to keep fighting. I have also refused taking HRT or antidepressants. Prayers you find relief from personal problems.

• Posted

Hi Nanc,,, THANK YOU!!!! For your reassurance reply, I think we all could use this positive feed back when all our anxiety and stress and 66 peri symptoms start to lift, I will also be on here to help all of you lovely ladies feel there is hope in the future!!! And thank you all for helping one another to get through this very serious time and for people out there that don't understand to step up and at least try to understand,, healthcare professionals and everyone!!!HUGS TO YOU ALL!!!!

• Posted

That is fantastic to hear, Nancy! Thanks so much for sharing. I have read many of your posts, and I know that you, like me, have had a really difficult time. I am so happy for you, and I very much appreciate you providing hope to all of the women on this forum:)

• Posted

I'm so happy to hear this! Hopefully we will all get there soon enough and the next round of "perimenopausers" will have plenty to read through in this forum ❤️

Joseanne Henry

• Posted

Soo nice hear ur getting better dear

Hang is there

there is light on the other end of tunnel

tk

• Posted

Thanks for sharing ur experience mam..it will give hope to all of us who r suffering alot in Peri

Thanks

Love & Hugs

wish u better days

tk

• Posted

Thank you for sharing. I have been feeling better of late too. Still having some symptoms and days I struggle, but some days I am good like I use to be. There is hope and these blogs sure help.

• Posted

thank you so much for this post, i have been in peri for around 6 years and some of my symptoms are a lot better, my once heavy periods are much lighter, the lightheaded feeling is not as bad but the anxiety is still going strong! i just hope it gets easier, i wish more women would come back on and give us some hope x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.