Help me please

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been up most of the night,unable to sleep. Feeling pretty down today. Haven't felt like this in weeks. Im scared that im slipping back into that downwards spiral again. Can anyone help?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking anything or seeing your doctor. This would be a first step. It is possible to slip back if the brain chemicals start to drop - so medication works in restoring the balance. Look after yourself - seek help and let us know how you get on.
  • Posted

Hi Evelyn

Agree with last post if youare taking any meds then don't drink alcohol with them because this can set you back big time, what can i say been there done that, not good it DOES NOT HELP if you are on meds or not try and go out for some fresh air this can help, even open a window and breath i the air if your not up to going out

its good to speak to someone about how your feeling this REALLY HELPS

it might take a while but things do get better but you have to let it get better be POSITIVE , STRONG AND DETERMINED show everyone that you can get through this YOU KNOW YOU CAN do it for yourself if not for anyone else YOU WILL GET THERE

take care

ams :lol:

keep your chin up smile :magic: :magic: :magic: :magic: :magic: :magic:

• Posted

Everyone has bad days, even when they are well, so it might just be a blip. I know it's hard not to worry about it though. When you feel good for a while any low day can be worrying. Unfortunately the worrying about slipping back just adds the stress and helps to lower your mood. Remember, 'one swallow doth not a Summer make', and one bad night, or even a few, doesn't mean your going back the way.

What I find most frustrating about this illness is that the road to recovery for me is a long one. I just have to resign myself to the fact that it's a journey, and I have no idea when I will arrive at 'Wellville', I just know I will. My mood can go from high to low and back again in a single day. Give it time, but if you don't notice and improvement in a few days then it's probably a good idea to touch base with your GP or whatever professional support you have.

Do let us know how it's going though, our thoughts are with you.

• Posted

Has this happend b4? if it has look on the posstive side(there always is 1 someware) u got through it b4 and u will do again. If like me u get sick of people sayin it takes time and it does get better but its true i no it may not feel like it at the momment but it will.Dont let any1 push u take small steps 1 day at a time only do wot u comfortable with no matter how small it all an achivement even if it just gettin dressed or doin a jig-saw goin 4 a walk on your own or just the house work i no it hard 2 get motivated and small tasks like this r lke climbing mountains but when u get 2 top how do u feel? It good 2 talk and u r NOT a burden 2 nobody u may b helpin your friends as well as yself helppin some1 else or listenin 2 some1 else can hlp take mind off own hassels. U have the right 2 have a bad day and ask 4 help there nothin wrong with that (we are all human it just a little harder 4 us depression sufferers) and if u not feel up 2 doin something or need mor time u have the right 2 say no. People r ther 2 help not control or live your life 4 u. U r NOT on your own and will NEVER be, im sure am speakin 4 other sufferers here aswel we r here 2 talk and share experiences adn help each other through this tough time and we do understand.There r people out there that r ashamed and admit 2 depression Its an ilness its not our fault it takes a strong person to accept it u have. We just like anybody else with a few problems. U r a nice person and will get through this. Let us no how u gettin on take care, remember u not alone.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.