what should i be eating?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hiya, can you guys advise what i should eat?i am quite confused as does the fat of15g mean each meal?? and my doc told me to take with every meal and have to follow low fat diet. but low fat foods fat content is alot less than 15g,is this per 100g or per portion?please advise/help with any ideas. im also on weight watchers and i tend to have the meals 3 times week, but they less than 15g fat definatly.thanks. heidi

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Heidi,

I had the same problem and I've ended up eating more fat than normal but I am losing weight :D

I was told you had to eat no more than 15g at each meal, and that I had to have between a minimum of 30g and a maximum of 50g a day. I'm still finding it hard to get up to the 30g sometimes as eating really low fat won't get you there. I rang them last friday and asked about this and was told that your body has to have at least 30g of fat a day otherwise your skin will go dry and your hair and nails will go brittle :!: The trouble is if your doing weight watchers you're probably used to looking at saturated fat whereas with this it is just the fat.

Hope this helps a bit, good luck.

• Posted

hiya thanks for that. yeah it is sat fats but doc still told me to follow, i just add up the fat content.so far doing ok i think,since posting msg id spoken to MAP.but it is difficult,my breakie this morn was 1 egg,piece toast with tom sauce and sainsburys BGTY bacon medalions,total of 14.3 fat.so as you said 30-50g fat,thats ok,the less fat more weight your'll loose i guess?ive only had 1 day of the orange so must done summat wrong!it was the party food i had wednesday.!do you count up the fat?i hadnt until y'day.just gotta try work out low fat lunches but with enough fat in them!! lol thanks again x
  • Posted

Hi Heidi,

Yes I write down everything I eat in a little book and count it up throughout the day, You probably already do this with weight watchers, so its the same really. Find it does help otherwise you can lose track of what you've eaten.

Map are really helpful and if you register with them they'll send you lots of booklets to help you.

Let me know how you get on. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.