pcos

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys,

have just started taken tabs a few days ago. Reading yours post about the amount of fat per meal your meant to have. I have pcos and am on these pills as nothing else has got the weight down. Was wandering if any one else has it and what diet they folllowed while taking the tabs. Am having a bad experience so far so figuring must be the fat in my diet. Am confused!!! :? Any advice would be welcome as i never knew you could have such a relationship with the bathroom lol :oops:

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

have you tried the MAP helpline?

They are really helpful and full of advice, their number is 0800 7317138

I don't have pcos, but I follow Slimming World Green plan, its low fat and balanced

Good Luck

Gillmc

• Posted

Hi

I have PCOS too and it is a pain when it comes to losing weight!! I have been on the tablets 9 weeks and lost 9lbs. I am pleased with that especially as not exercising as much as I should and I am still drinking wine. I am planning a concerted effort after this week to exercise more and stop drinking as much as I am.

THe tablets are brilliant as a deterrent and I haven't touched choc since I started. I eat low fat using a lot of Rosemary Conley recipes.

Ring the MAP helpline listed on a previous post titled breakfast . They are great and tell you anything. YOu have to eat enough fat to lose which sounds mad but you have to have a minimum of 30g total fat a day. Each item you eat should have no more than 5g in 100g total fat in it.

Hope that helps.

Feel free to private message me re PCOS if you want.

KJ

• Posted

Hi

I have PCOS too and find the Tesco Diets/recipes work for me. You have to find what works for you, try different things and you get to find out what is best. Its hard work but worth it. The pills certainly deter you from eating the bad stuff.

Just come back from 2 weeks in the Maldives, no tablets, and because I followed my GP's advice on eating plain rice, fresh fish (which they have in abundance over there) and fresh fruit I didnt put any weight on. I had loads to drink that as it was all inclusive and even a Mars Bar but am now back on the wagon again.

Its hard work but worth it in the end. In total for 3 months I have lost just under 2 stones.

Keep strong and posting, we are here to support

• Posted

Hi,

I too have pcos and was put on these tabets because of a sudden weight gain. I've been on them 7 weeks now and have lost 9 and a half pounds.......the half very important :lol:

Compared to alot of people on here the weight does seem to be going incredibly slowly but I think that could be to do with the pcos.

I'll repeat what you've already been told, you do have to eat a minimum of 30g of fat a day and as each meal can't be over 15g sometimes that is quite hard and low fat just doesn't cut it. On some occasions I've been having to add grated cheese to meals to up the fat content, so as far as I can see you don't want really low fat just not high :!: :!:

Hope this makes sense, good luck to you, I know when you put on weight and its not your fault it is so frustrating, I've been in bits many times over the past year. Feel free to write to me if you want.

K x

• Posted

:D i am starting orlistat tomorrow, i also have pcos, but i also have 3 great kids, without whom i would not of given up smoking and gained nearly 7 stone.

not that i am blaming them i love tem loads but you cant have your cake and eat it in this world, excuse the expression.

i am 31 a year ago i was on reductil i lost 2 stone in a year and then xmas came i was really careful with what i ate i had no chocolate and the treats i did have was small and hardly any, in theory should of gained maybe a pound but to my horror i gained 11 lb, so to make myself feel beeter i ate a big box of mingles, and gave upm tried again a few months later but just couldnt get back into it by this time i had gained everything i had lost, and more, i now need to lose 6-7 stone to be a reasonable weight in my eyes a pre pregnancy weight. i have never been a size 10 or 12 come to think of it, so i think a 16 would be fine. but when you go clothes shopping and you see yourself in those horrible long mirrors your truly see yourself, so i came to realise that the tablets i have had in my cupboard for 2 months (which i keep putting off) must be taken as a matter of urgancy before i end up having a heart attact or something, its so hard living with pcos it doesnt just make you gain weight and mess your body up but it also does not help with the mental side of things, you think you look great and you dont , and ehat is so annoying is when your nearest and dearest tell you you look great, why do they have to lie, i am quite honest with myself i know i am totally fat and need to lose weight, there is so much i can do but i always find an excuse, i have just moved home so i think that was a good one but when you health is at stake you shouldnt really have one, i hope i doint seem like a total nut i thought that by giving you an insight of my turbulant weight it might help in some way, keep with it and dont get distracted but remember if you do gain or you dont lose its not the end of the world, i realise that now, which is another reason why iam starting orlistat tomorrow.

i hope they work and it might be an idea to join a sliiming club to help build your confidence i loined weight watchers they have 2 ways od changing your eating habbits the best one on these tablets would be the non points plan, hope this helps

lullys

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.