fat content per meal ???????

Posted , 4 users are following.

hey all i have been on the blueys for a week now and i am a litttle confused to how much fat i should be eating per meal? i am kind of following weight watchers so cereal and skimmed milk and lots of chicken, salmon and veggies do i need to be eating more fat? would be greatful if any advice.

many thanks

Claire x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

MAP recommend 12-15g fat per meal
  • Posted

Hi Claire,

I noticed you said you were eating loads of chicken and salmon - all I'd say is watch the salmon as the tabs can't tell the difference between good and bad fats and so although it's good for you - the omega 3, it could also cause you to experience the oil, but everyone is different.

Jane

• Posted

Hi Claire,

You might find that you have to eat a bit more doing this. We are told to eat up to 15g of fat at each meal and the total for the day should be a minimum of 30g and a maximum of 50g. If you're eating very low fat you will find, as i did, that you're not eating enough fat :!:

Not really sure how this works but quite a few people on here, me included are eating more than they do normally :? The thing is it seems to work so try it out. I write every thing i eat down, a bit like you do at ww to keep track of everything, does seem to help.

Good luck smile

Katia

• Posted

I am like you Katia...

When I am good I don't lose..but when I eat loads I do..

So I know I am not eating enough fat...

Balancing on a tight rope to eat just enough.. too much and you get \"tangoed\" not enough and you don't lose!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.