Orange oil

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Been on the tablets for bout 2 weeks now and has been going fine. However on tuesday (11th) I had abit of a bad evening and ate 5 cadburys treatsize choc bars. I hadnt even realised what I'd done until it was too late. I went to the loo before bed and experienced my first bout of the dreaded orange oil.

Its now friday and I still have it :!: I know it cant be from anything Ive eaten since cos Ive been very careful but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Ive spoken to a woman at MAP and she seems to think that it could be because I have a slow digestive system, as I have IBS, but she did sound abit concerned. I really dont know what to do. Should I stop taking the tablets until this clears up or should I just keep perservering?

Any advice would be great, sorry for going on abit

Charl xx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i would say dont eat 5 cadburys. you might not know what you're doing \"until it's too late\" but on bar number two or three surely it might have started dawning on you.
  • Posted

Hi Charl,

I've just come back fom london and was staying with my partners sister. She tried so hard to get me low fat food but didn't really get it right. Last night she did a salad with avocado, feta cheese and olives, I knew I couldn't have all that so I suggested she didn't give me the avocado.

Have been quite bad since about midnight last night and like you I've eaten sensibly now but still seems to be coming :!: :!: Like a few people on here I suffer from IBS and that maybe does slow your metabolism down. I'd give it a few more days then come off them for a couple if you're still getting it just don't go crazy when you're off them smile

Katia x

• Posted

Hi Charl,

I'm the same as I too suffer with IBS and can have quite alot of the orange stuff at times - but I ride through it and think that at least it's going down the drain and not on my waist :lol: It's not a nice thing to put up with and it could be that chocolate is one of your trigger foods for the IBS - it is with me, and so if I'd done the same it would have had the same effect.

Don't listen to Guest who only wanted to shame you and I expect you felt quite shameful without hearing that from someone who couldn't even be bothered to sign in and give a name :twisted: we all have our little downfalls and as long as you don't do it oftens it's ok - nobody is perfect and as long as you learn by your mistakes you just have to take it in your stride and get back on the wagon which you seem to have done.

Take care and keep on them.

Jane

• Posted

Hi

I agree with Jane. The person that left the first message was quite rude I thought. As Jane says, we are all human at the end of the day and we all have those temptation moments - otherwise we wouldn't be here using this website!

I personally have given in a few times, but luckily so far have had no adverse effects. Thats not to say I won't be caught out at some point as I know I will.

The majority of people that use this website are fabulous, so kind and supportive, and we can do without maryrs who try to shame us.

Keep smiling.

T x

• Posted

I agree, that was uncalled for. Everyone makes mistakes. A couple of weeks ago I stopped the pills for a day as I was going out for a meal, done this a few times thought it would be fine. Had oil for a whole week too. I stopped taking the pills for a couple of days and it stopped right away. I have IBS so maybe these type of things just stay in our systems longer.

I've stopped craving chocolate as much now. There are plenty of good choc fixes you can have eg Turkish Delight, Cadburys Fudge, jaffa cakes, WW choc mousses without going over your fat grams.

Chin up!

• Posted

I had my 1st orange oil today! Like previous posters have said I new better whilst I ate a bit of the pork crackling with my sunday roast but hey ho, it happens!

In a way I am glad I have now had this - I am on day 8 of the tablets and have had regular solid toilet visits, no constipation but only a 1lb loss so was wondering if they were working at all, at least I know now that they are and I also no that I can't push the boundaries on this and think it is OK as I have not suffered as I now have

I am just picking myself back up and eating better today, forget the bad day and concentrate on the next few good ones

• Posted

hi Charl, i wouldnt worry about it too much or beat urself up like others have said we all make mistakes and do mad things, i have, ive not been doing the blueys properly for last month or so ive had personal problems and haver gone back to comfort eating and have suffered the consequences ...so we all do it.all you can do is keep trying and im sure u will get there in end.good luck dawnx
  • Posted

Hi I am on week three of the tablets. Had several 'orange' experiences but have lost 9lbs. It has really concentrated my mind to think 'no fat' in what I eat, otherwise it's the dreaded 'orange scourge'. without being too graphic and not wishing to put others off, I have had the orange stuff whilst standing in a super market, but I am on medication for excess stomach acid so this may have something to do with it. Now that I am thinking 'low fat/fat free' I am coping well with them and will continue with the 3 months course that I have been prescribed. Really feeling good about what I have lost so far and look forward to feeling 'normal' again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.