Normal TSH (?) and enlarged Thyroid

Posted , 2 users are following.

Last year my TSH was 2.76 and this year it is 3.32.  I have pretty much all the symptoms of Hypothyroidism and stated this to my doctor.  He felt an enlarged thyroid and a sonogram confirmed a slight enlargement.  Will not treat the Hypothyroidism due to normal ranges.  Sending me to a ENT to make sure there is no cancer.  He stated this due to the fact my ears are ringing non-stop.  Meanwhile, my throat kills me daily.  I feel like something wants to come up or I have a cork in my throat.  Sometimes after eating, liquid will come up (drink lots of water) but not acid.  Kindalike a burp reaction.

I've put on weight (20 lbs), forgetting things, sweating excessivly, sharp pains in my wrist and finger tips, constapation, stomach and lower back pains.  Does any of this sound familiar?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It sounds to me that you may have Hashimoto's disease. That's what I have. It's an autoimmune disease that destroys your thyroid. You may be having an attack. That happened to me. I just was going through "hyper" like symptoms first and then, it totally destroyed my thyroid. You need and ultra sound on your thyroid and need to see what your thyroid antibody count is. If it's high, it will cause you're thyroid to swell. It's painful, I know. It happened to me. I hope this helps. 

Sarah

• Posted

Is the antibodies test a completely different one?  I think my Dr. will look further into the Hypothyroidism if the ENT comes back negative for cancer.
    • Posted

I believe it is. Are you Brittish? I'm American and I'm learning that things are done differently here. I hope it's not cancer. sad I wish you the best of luck!

Sarah

• Posted

Im American also.  My Dr. was discussing with the ENT, when he asked if I had ringing in my ears.  At that point, my Dr. didn't know.  On my next week follow up, I told him about the ringing.  Thats when he sent me to the ENT.  Not sure how ringing in my ear could point to cancer.  I guess I will find out this next week
    • Posted

I have done extensive research on the thyroid, however, I don't know about the cancer part if it. I wish I had researched it now. The internet is quite useful. I hope, at the very most, it's Hashimoto's. It sucks, but better than cancer. He needs to check your antibody count. 
  • Posted

It seems that I have an attack almost every other day.  Really puts me down.  Also feels like the stuck in my throat feeling goes down to in between my chest.  Does this happen to anyone else?
  • Posted

My TSH was 2.76 last year and now is 3.32.  My GP said was normal, but sent me to a ENT because my thyroid was slightly enlarged.  ENT evaluated and said ok.  But he said I was hypo due to being over 3.0 and started me on 50mcg of Levothyroxine.  I took a pill the next morning, but also had labwork done for T3, T4, and antibodies.  My T4 measured 11.2 (4.5-11.7) and my T3 measured 146 (80-190)  Those numbers do not look like hypothyroidism but hyper.  My antibodies test showed "This test result has been released by an automatic process" with no values.  Im hoping I still get those.  Any thoughts to these.  Really confusing!  thanks for your help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.