sertraline

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, i have been on the above for 14 days, not much different, lot of sweating and more nervous, slight sickness, how long before i feel abit better, any stories would love to hear,

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi sue, been on seratline now for 13 weeks, feel much better now ,but the sweating is not good,i have it a lot ,but stay on your tablets you done 2 weeks ,things will get a lot better soon 
  • Posted

Hi Sue, the same thing happened with me as the dose was increased.  The sweating increased and so did the bad dreams, nervousness, racing thoughts, sick feeling (lost five pounds in one week because dn't eat).  My doctor decided to take me off of it.  Everyone reacts differently.  I am now on Remeron and it is helping tremendousy.  I pray that it continues to work.  I also, journal a lot, which helps keep my mind focsusd and it has a calming effect.
    • Posted

Hey Magdalene, I've been on Sertraline for seven days and have woken up feeling so sick each day. Some days in the morning I throw up, and I have no appetite at all. My doctor told me to stay with it for seven more days though. Did you experience side effects with Remeron?

• Posted

Hi Sue, I've just been prescribed Sertraline 50mg tablets and I am so frightened to start taking them because of all the side effects that have been reported. I suffer from PTSD, Panic disorder and Agrophobia. I had been on Escitalapram for 9 years but the last three months of taking them I suffered severe bone pain and took myself off them cold-turkey - foolishly! The withdrawel symptoms were horrendous and so I was put onto Fluoxetine. I took one 20mg a day for 6 days and the sickness I experienced from them was dreadful I needed anti sickness tablets to get over those side-effects and today is the first day I am free of such nausea after another 6 days. Two weeks in all. I'm at the stage where I really don't want to take anymore medication but don't know how I can manage without them to cope with my PTSD symptoms. I hope you start feeling better soon Sue. 
  • Posted

Hi Sue I am on day 4 of Sertraline 25mg I was previously on 20mg Citlaopram but changed I would like to have another baby, I do have all of the about side effects and also dreadful tiredness, I could go to sleep at a drop of a hat this is also accompanied with a dreadful headful, anyone else get this.  I have been to told to stick with it but it is so hard feeling horrible
  • Posted

I've taken it on and off other the years and it does work! 

It it can take a few weeks to kick in though. Stick with it. It made me a lot less anxious and able to focus and chill out more. It's a subtle difference you will notice. One day you will think wow the last few weeks I have coped much better smile 

• Posted

Oh and I managed roc one off them pretty easy as well with little side effects. 

I was off them for over 7 years but have had to start taking them again. Been back on them for about 2 weeks and have noticed I'm a bit less anxious. 

Agree about out sweating a lot on them to begin with. It passes after a while'. 

• Posted

Stick it out friend, just two more weeks and things will start getting back to normal. 
    • Posted

just noticed this is an old post smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.