New starter

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi iv just be perscribed orlistat 120mg,also following slimming world diet. Iv done this diet b4 and lost 1.5 stones but stopped an the weight has gone bk on. Iv been dieting religously 4 6wk aslso joined the gym, i am doin on average 3 classes a wk but will b upping this in the nxt wk. my question is when will i start seeing result as iv nt lost any weight in the last 6 wks . Thanks in advance.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Clare, I can't answer that.  All I'd say is that you need to stick with it.  All bodies are different, what works for some doesnt always work for another.  If you know you are doing it right then dont give up.  Maybe bring it up with the doctor next time you visit....
  • Posted

I didn't lose anything in the beginning but after 6 weeks on them I'm 12 lb lighter. I'm not extremely active but I do walk quite a bit. Best advice is to drink as much water as u physically can. I drink approx 3 litres. It's helped so much cos I'm not hungry my skin is much clearer and I feel better in myself. I was a diet coke drinker b4. Like 2 litres a day lol. 

If u are doing exercise eating low fat / less calories u should definitely see some weight loss I'm sure! 

• Posted

Thanks, i do drink about 3-4litres but i do add no added sugar juice 2 it i really do struggle with the water so i just ad a little juice dont have it strong. I suffer with IBS so i really struggle with bloating anyway, i take peppermint tabs 4 this it helps alittle. I hope i have that much success samh83.  
  • Posted

Everyone is different. Some people lose early on and others take a little longer keep with it and good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.