Insomnia?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, after 4 months, my TSH, T3,T4 levels are all in range. I actually feel good for the first time in a long time. I lost weight, I have energy, I no longer have headaches.  The only issue I have, seems to be the inability to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time. I actually got some pills to help me sleep, Zopiclone, and if I take 2 of them, I  can squeak out 3 1/2 hours of contineous sleep but that is it.  I am wondering if anyone else has insomnia problems and if there is a better way to deal with it?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi , when  do you take your thyroxine, ive started to take mine at night and i sleep much better 
    • Posted

I take the synthroid first thing in the am but if it makes a difference, I will starting taking it in the night.  
  • Posted

Hello,I also have sleep problems,usually read until midnight then do wordsearch till about 2am if Iam lucky I then sleep until 3.30 then wake up again.Iread in STTM book that it could be vitaminB12 shortage so have been taking that for about 2 weeks,Ithink it has helped a bit I have now had a couple of nights where I slept for several hours so will keep taking them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.