Trying again after a Miscarriage...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

This will be my 2nd attempt. Found out I was preg 2 days after I started these tabs in June and I sadly Miscarried last week.

I would love to have some support tho as I want to lose about 4 stone all in all and am going on Holiday in September....so would like to lose some by then....any ideas at how much could be lost if i have 30g fat each day and stay below 1500 cals???? Will be starting Tabs on Monday once i get a new prescription as I gave the pills back to Dr in June....doh!!!!

Thanks for reading.

Lesley xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, i have been on orlistat 3 weeks now and have lost 5 pound.. I Stick with 30grams of fat a day and 1000cals a day.. I try to work out for 30 mins a day and lets just stress I TRY,,,, And drink plenty of water... Hope this helps... Good Luck :D from lola.. take care..
  • Posted

Hi Lola thanks for that...can i ask what your start weight is and how much you wanna lose???

Lesley xx

• Posted

Hi my start weight is 13stone 9pound.. I would like to get to 11stone... as i need to get a boob reduction and they wont do it till my BMI is under 28 my BMI at the moment is 32... So need to get the weight off... What is your weight now and were do you want to be????? Hope you are ok... take care ... lola.. :D
  • Posted

Hi Lesley

Firstly, sorry to hear of your loss, i do hope you are ok. Could it have been anything to do with the tabs ?

I have lost a stone and have been on them for seven weeks now. Am getting on pretty well and have 30 sometimes 35 grams of fat a day and approx 1500 calories a day. I count most things but am not really really strict cos that just does my head in after having been trying to loose weight on and off for about 23 years out of my 37 !!!!! sad

I have no bad side effects providing i never have more than 15g of fat max at one meal.

Hope that helps and very best of luck

Trace xxx

• Posted

Hi, know what you are going through. I miscarried out second child and it is quite devestating. I am going on holiday tomorrow so decided to stop the tablets last night. Today I have eated what I want no matter what, so have been quite naughty. Kept a diary though out of habit. Comes to 1450 cals and 30g of fat. To think I have been so good for so long. The nurse suggested best not to take tabs whilst away in case of accidents as you cannot guarantee how the resturants have cooked your meal. She did suggest things to eat though. So thought it is only for 2 weeks a year so may as well enjoy it, will certainly be back on them when I return.

Mandy

• Posted

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for your replies. Have a great Holiday Mandy!!!

Went to my GP today to get my perscription and did not see the GP i saw last time and he has given me Reductil (sibutramine) as says that this should work for me.

Anyone got any ideas....not happy tho he wants me to do these for 3 months given me a month supply and then got to go back!!!!

Help,......now Im lost.... :?

Lesley xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.