I don't think I'm a Celiac

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with celiac disease a few months ago because I went to the doctors to see why I wasn't gaining that much weight. I had a blood test and a biopsy done but I still don't think I am a celiac. My sister has been a celiac since she was little and had all the symptoms, she had diorrehea, bloated stomach etc Whereas I got none of the symptoms. I have been strictly following a gluten free diet but it seems to be doing nothing for me. I'm osing more weight and my periods have become irregular, I feel tired and drowsy all the time and don't think I can stick to this diet forever. Has anyone else experienced this? or feel as though you are not a celiac? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have they looked into other causes of weight loss since your coeliac diagnosis? The blood test isn't always definitive, but I'm pretty sure that the biopsy is. So I don't think they could have
  • Posted

Sorry- it sent too early! 

I don't think they could have misdiagnosed coeliac disease considering you had the biopsy. It could always be two medical issues that you have? 

Amy

• Posted

Get you vitamin D level checked

and your iron levels

good luck ...

• Posted

Have you tried a lactose free diet, you could have both. Get your vitamin levels checked. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.