Swelling ! ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have massively swollen legs today, googled it and dosent sound serious , just wondered does anyone else suffer with swollen hands and feet?

My hands  swelled yesterday after a 3 mile walk rolleyes

What I'm really hoping the answer will be is excess fluid .. That would then do away with the 2lb I've gained this week lol

Shelagh xxx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shelagh

I used to get swollen feet but that was before i lost weight. Don't forget the body will swell in this heat. Hope the swelling goes down for you

Brit

X

• Posted

Yep hun!

I get it too, I just put it down to the heat and weight really,having

said that I do make sure to drink enough water! 

In the heat my feet swell up so much they look like Fred Flintstones sisters feet! eek I used to be size 5 shoe before I gained weight, now I'm a 5.5-6 and a wide fitting too! The only footwear I am comfortable in at the moment are Hush Puppies sandals. I have heaps of lovely shoes my big fat feet cant get into yet!

Are you on blood pressure tablets?

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Lol! 

Yes well no, I'm prescribed amlodopine but I don't take them, I already take tramadol and amitriptiline for pain and I wouldn't take those of I had a choice. 

My blood pressure is high anyway, I'm hoping a healthier lifestyle ( without bloody hobnobs lol) will make it come down naturally .

Thanks Claire, I'm gonna drink more water today and see over the weekend if it improves 

Cheers britney I'm hoping that's all it is 

• Posted

I had never experienced this until last year when we went on a hike and my hands swelled so much I couldn't get my wedding ring off it then started to happen every time I done something exerting like a gym class.

I put it down to water retention and being unfit. 

Hoping that once I loose a cpl of stone it will stop happening. 

Xx

• Posted

Ok.... Daisy has her serious face on now....

I am concerned that you have been prescribed medication for high blood pressure and yet you are not taking it :-(

I absolutely HATE taking any medication what-so-ever, I am a firm believer in all things natural where possible, but I know my heart has been under tremendous stress trying to pump blood around my large body, so I have had to take two blood pressure tablets :-( One of which helps a great deal with the swelling in my hands..I dont care for the fact that I have had to resort to taking Oristat either, but for reasons I shall not go into, I have had too.

It's one thing to have swollen hands and feet in the heat when you are on the larger size, but you say yours are massively swollen? Is that more than ususal Shelagh? If so I urge you to speak to your healthcare professional in person or telephone the **NHS Direct** just to give you a piece of mind, Oh! and tell them you have not been taking your prescribed BP medication too.

With hugs & care

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I popped into the chemist yesterday as they felt really stretched to the max, thinking she was gonna say just drink more water or something... It's more than likely a problem with my heart struggling to pump blood so it's pooling in my legs!

This is exactly why I try to avoid the medics at any cost, go in with water retention and come out with a heart attack!

Daisy the stress I've been under for the past few years within the family has been immense, a pill won't fix it, I also have very bad liver function ( that regardless of my medical records stating that I took an overdose 2 years ago and was a very heavy drinker ) has still gone un noticed, and every time it go in I'm questioned suspiciously about drinking, I've been dry 18 months but like hell am I telling the story every time I go in there, 

Years ago when people didn't have all the machines etc no one worried, people get stressed to the max worrying about their health now. When I die I die, I don't wNt to spend any time at all worrying about it. I'm a mum to 7 and I've 2 beautiful dogs ( a bulldog and a Rottweiler - the rotty is called poppy and the bulldog is called (sorry) daisy lol.. I have another chance at life and I intend to enjoy it smile xxxx

• Posted

Shelagh ....I am so very pleased to hear you spoke to someone, I really didnt like the sound of it when you mentioned it in your post.

You have been prescribed Orilstat, has your GP assured you it is ok for you to take it given your medical history? I feel you should go along to your own GP Shelagh and ask any relevant questions that may cause you concern.

Promise me you will do this hun....you need to find out what you should be doing about this pooling, but in the meantime (if possible) can you try to keep your legs raised? I realise you have 7 children and two dogs to see to, but you are not going to be any good to any of them if you get taken in hospital hun.

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

Sending you support and hugs :-)

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.