Hi everyone !

Posted , 7 users are following.

Thinking about tomorrow when i start orlistat, been on lots of yoyo diets in the past so really hopeing this will work for me! im 16st 7lb so would like to loose at least 3 stones and more !! would like any hints and tips for a good weight loss and what foods to avoid, please if anyone can help ? Good luck

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Diane I've been taking Orlistat for four days now with no side effects did low fat diet for two days before starting to take them to minimise the effects so far so good. As long as you stick to below 5g of fat per 100g usually is the guidelines. Good luck. X
    • Posted

ok great, y didnt i think of that am sat here stuffing a kitkat lol ! x

• Posted

I wouldn't be starting those tablet tomorrow after eating a chocolate bar you will have to wait another 48 hours now x
    • Posted

You defo dont want to be eating that with these pills.

they will help but you do the hard work making sure you keep fat content down.

checking all labels - you'll be shocked. I had no idea how high fat content was in some things.

The rules seem to be:

5g per 100g

15g per meal

45g per day

im only on day 4, but currently keeping all 3 meals under 6g.

• Posted

welcome im new too.you will get loads of support here diane.good your here
  • Posted

Hi Diane,

Welcome.. I have been taking the pills for a couple of months now and lost 16lb to far, i have had a couple of weeks off due to illness and holidays but now i am back on them. I was similar weight to you and now weigh 14stone 13lb which i have not seen the 14's for a long time. I go and get weighed every 4 weeks am due another weigh in 3 weeks and hoping for a good result.

I do struggle with my portion sizes, when i was on the tablets before many moons ago i bought a portion plate which i found really helpful and have started using that again from today. One thing i really do miss is bread but i try to stay clear beacuse it bloats me up.

What sort of foods are you eating?

Good luck on your weight loss journey.

• Posted

Wow ur stories great that will help keep me going ! I'm doing OK so far ! My down fall is potatoes butter and chic !! X
  • Posted

I am right there with you love potatoes and bread and love a beer ha ha!!! dont know how much more water my body can take i cant stop running to the loo!! i am trying Quorn burgers tonight they look nice just hope they taste nice ha ha. tuna salad for dinner!
    • Posted

Let me know I like qourn but never good at making it taste nice lol !
  • Posted

Hiya! I started taking it yesterday and so far haven't had any problems,but I also started Slimming world too for a double weight loss boost. One thing my dr said to me before starting these pills was that it isnt a quick fix or an easy option...sure you can choose to eat chocolate/cake etc but you gotta be prepared for the consequences (and by the sounds of it, they aren't too pleasant!!)

I think 3 stone is a realistic number to try and lose... well it's better than me-i NEED to lose 5 stone, but WANT to lose 7!!

Really good luck! 

Keep us all updated on how you do... it's great to have a support network around you!! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.