weight loss stopped

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I was on Orlistat for a year last year and lost 5 stone and 4 dress sizes in total, over the christmas period i did not lose any weight so i was took off the pills. I have been eating healthy and i go to the gym for a hour every morning before work. I am still over weight currently at 16st 12. and i have not lost a single pound since christmas!

I have asked my doctor if she could put me back on these pills as they helped me so much last year, she agreed and i have been on them 3 weeks now, i havent lost anything! i have been checking the fat content of everything and sticking to 1400 calories a day, I am 5foot11 and i really want to lose another 4 stone for me to be healthy. why is this not working for me? any tips/advice? i want to lose enough weight for my weigh in or i will be taken off these again!

Thanks guys x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I heard that they only work for the first year no idea why but that it is what i heard. Give them another few weeks because if they aren't working you might aswell come off them and stick to the diet without the tablets

X

• Posted

Hi thanks for the reply, i have been dieting and exercise since christmas and have not lost a single pound! i do not know whats up with me, i go out with a personal trainer so i cant cheat the diet and exercise! its really depressing me asĀ 4 years ago i weighed 12 stone - awful relationship ended up in me putting on 8 stone in a year sad
    • Posted

sad sorry to hear that

I know what it is like because i put on all my weight very quickly when i gained.

Maybe change up your diet a bit? have you had a thyroid check? (blood test) don't stress you have lost weight and your 16 stone not 26 stone the weight will come off but if the tablets do not work after a few more weeks i would come off them. Have you maybe thought of trying another brand of these tablets (less strength version) such as XLS medical they work in exactly the same way

Brit

X

• Posted

Thanks, i know that i have lost weight and i am down to 16 but from being overweight i have hip and knee problems, i am only 22 and they want to operate on my hip. I think that losing the excess flab will solve most of my health issues.

I have had my thyroid checked and thats fine, i do however have PCOS which does not help in the slightest. i have read how well you have done, what would you suggest i do?

X

• Posted

Hi

I would probably give it a few more week if nothing happens on the tablets then come off them and change my diet if it was me but i would be tempted as i aid to try the XLS medical (never have tried them before) but they work in exactly the same way i know they are more expensive than paying for a prescription but it's a small price to pay to lose weight. I have seen them cheap on Ebay from UK sellers.

Over the years of readig up on various fertility etc i heard that a low GI diet is best for people who suffer from PCOS maybe it is something you could research and discuss with your DR?

Have you thought of the cambridge diet? personally for me i couldn't do it well never say never but that seems quite good you could use it to re kickstart your wl

brit

x

• Posted

Thank brit! i will try that smile i have nothing to lose (well except 4stone...haha) i have tried a similar diet to the cambridge, the meal replacement shakes, it worked while i was on it but as soon as i went to normal food after i put it all back on and then some rolleyes

I will def look in the the low GI diet, thanks again

X

• Posted

Hi there

I agree with Britney. I have PCOS too and have largely controlled my weight gain (not loss) through low GI foods. I am having very very slow loss on these pills and I think it's probably due to the PCOS as I'm sticking to 1,200 - 1,400 calories per day, I exercise lots and am having no side effects so I'm doing ok on fat intake.

I was told once that having PCOS can mean that having a diet of 1,500 calories would be a maintenance diet for us, therefore, a cut to 1,200 does not produce a calorie deficit that would support fast weight loss.

I'm sticking with it at the moment, I have lost 9lb but it's taken 2 months and I've not lost anything for 2 weeks. The other option I am considering is the XLS medical carb blocker, I'm not sure that fat is the biggest problem for me. PCOS means you can be insulin resistant and of course this affects what your body does with sugars. A carb locker might be something to consider.

Give them a bit longer and see if they kick in.

x

• Posted

Have you discussed this with your personal trainer? S/he may need to review what you do. Hard interval training is the best way to burn fat. Exhaust yourself for 30secs, rest for 30 secs and repeat and repeat etc etc.

Ive just requested my programme is tweeked as I have 2 wks off work so I want to up what I do just before my 1st weigh in wink

I have no idea about the other things but good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.