swimming today

Posted , 5 users are following.

im sitting here at 05.07am ready to go swimming for the first time in years.im nervous but going to do this,i did a few weights yesterday.achilles better than it was.just learning to do all this slowly.im a person who wants instant weight loss and for it to happen right now.i cant believe im doing this.you guys have given me the confidence on this site.thank you all.best wishes noodles cheesygrincoolbiggrin

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Well done for putting the effort in!

I have problems with my lower back and couldn't walk 8 weeks ago it was so bad, so I know how frustrating it can be to lose weight with an injury as it's so hard to do the simplest thing, I struggle at times to walk the dog. I've started swimming too and I'm really enjoying and finding it is helping my back!

Hope you enjoyed your swim

Lynz x

• Posted

Good on you Nooles!

I started swimming again 3 months ago, I felt very self conscious at first, but used to it now.

The trick is NOT to look at yourself in the mirror in your swimming gear before you go! eek I remember thinking that people were looking at me because I am overweight, but then I thought hang on! They wont be looking at you lovey, they will be looking at all the young slim girls in bikini's! lol

Anyway, I dont give a darn now, I am on a mission!

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Opps! (Noodles) not nooles! lol....Never mind you know I mean you hun smile

Forgive me eek

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Hope your swim went well, I quite like swimming but I'm a bit slow - in fact I nearly go backwards - lol

I'm going for my gym induction tomorrow. I exercise quite a bit anyway, but thought with the winter coming I'm more likely to run at the gym than on the road in the wet and cold.

I know what you mean about wanting instant weight loss, but we'll get there :-)

• Posted

lol thanks guys.it went well.i walked about a mile then did 20 lengths of pool.did a bit of housework and weights for upper body.feeling good but tired.going to bed early at night and getting up for the 6am swims.it was quiet just 3 people in pool.its in forest hill london and new.really enjoyed it.cant wait till the morning and go again cheesygrincoolcoolcheesygrinbiggrinbiggrin
  • Posted

Well done Noodles ooh another Londoner! not that far from you

just a random comment: I can't swim

Keep going you can do it

Britney

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.