Diet rules?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been on Orlistat for just 2 days and have been told practially nothing about it by my doctor.  Yet in this forum I see people discussing diet rules when taking this drug.

All I really know is what the leflet told me which is less than 30% fat in your diet.  Could someone give me the cliff notes to the diet I should be on. Thanks

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Hun, today is my second day on them. 

I got told by my doctor in allowed 5g of fat per 100g (it's on pretty much all good packaging) 

X

• Posted

Thanks, my doctor didn't even give me that, he just said read the leflet!

I like the simple 5g per 100g rule though, but already know I've eaten more than today :-(

• Posted

Your going to have side effects if you have eaten anything over that what have you eaten today? and yesterday?
  • Posted

Hello i have a blog if you want the link i can pm you it has advice/tips on what to eat i started out at 19stone5 in jan 2013 now a size 12 so they DO work but you have to eat right.
  • Posted

Now quite scared...just read some of britneyspears blog (truly inspirational) but so wish I had know this stuff before I started taking the pills.

I have had 55g fat the past two days and the day before (my last non pill day) had a blow out with half a frozen pizza...OMG feel like I am in for some big blowout in the toilet very soon...

Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

• Posted

Hi there! And welcome to the forum... its a great place to get some knowledge about Orlistat through other peoples experiences. I wish you lots of luck, it DOES work, but you have to do that work, the pills just assist.

As for what diet you should follow, I think the one that is best is one that fits your way of eating. Keep to the 5 rule and cut out the rubbish. We all know how to eat right, we just choose not to and it is so hard getting back into the swing of eating well. Do be reassured though, I lost 11lbs my first week, so it DOES work.

As for the blowout, you may not get. I know I went over 5% fat on a couple of my days last week and nothing happened. Remember its your overall amount. Britneys blog is very inspirational and you will find the people on the site, very friendly and informative...

You have started... now its onwards and upwards 19st7be.gone!!  smile

• Posted

It will take anywhere from 24/72 hours for it to come out just make sure you stay at home x

glad you like the blog thankyou smile smile

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.