Biopsy results not good

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, has anyone had this?  Had my ovary and tube out 3 weeks ago and making good recovery and assumed all going well.  Then got the bombshell earlier today when consultant rang to say they have found 'borderline' changes in my tube (rather than my ovary, I think that's what she said but was in shock).  So having congratulated myself that this nightmare is over, it doesn't seem so at all.

They are reviewing my scans and having mdt meeting and I go to clinic next Thursday.  They did say on the phone I would have to go back in and have another op to remove womb and the other ovary/tube.

Obviously very worrying as to what the hell else is there but anybody had this problem with fallopian tube?  thanks in advance.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi they told me prior to op it was 80 percent clear mine was boarderline went to mdt meeting to check if i could have hrt but i had everythink removed including a 6 lb muchinouse tumour x
    • Posted

Hi Bev, so did you have to go back in a 2nd time for another op?  What is a muchinouse tumour?  did you have keyhole or the fully monty 2nd time and how is your recovery?
    • Posted

Went back to theater the next morning had a five hr op i had internal bleeding had 6 units of blood nightmare x
  • Posted

I read that 'borderline' means a very slow growing cancer.  I don't know about the tubes though only what i read from someone's experience with borderline ovarian.

it is really very very slow growing and very very treatable 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.