Going from 10mg to 20mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been on 10mg now for 18 days and really stuggling still.  Feeling anxious (big time), sweating, struggling to sleep, want to die etc.  Thinking I should maybe go to 20mg and see if that helps.  I know it's still early days as I'm not even 3 weeks in yet but just really struggling with how things are at the moment.  I'm roudly sh1ttin@ myself at the thought of having more/worse side effects as the ones I've got are bad at the moment but feel I may be getting the side effects without much benefit at the moment. 

Any thoughts?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I know how you are feeling!  I have been on an increased dose for 5 weeks - I think you will find things will slowly improve but sometimes other people around you notice before you do.  5 weeks in and my side effects are definitely better than they were and I've noticed some improvement but lots of people out there have said it can take up to 8 weeks before everything settles down.

Good luck x

• Posted

Thanks, just really struggling and I want to feel better.  Feel like I'm just getting worse!  Saw more of the referendum coverage last night that I really wanted to, I miss sleep so much. 
    • Posted

hi

I miss sleep too, been diagnosed depression due to awful break up,i know how you feel, its horrible, dont see a light at the end of the tunnel.

take care xxxxxx

• Posted

Hi

I have been taking citalopram 20mg for 4 weeks now, do feel beta, however i have good and bad days.

The problems im fining is that im waking up between 3am and 4am and cant get back off to sleep until 5am , so when i have to get up for work, im shattered!

Hope this rectifies itself soon,

Take care

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Go and see your GP bcoz 10 mg is not much, l started on 10 mg for a week then increased to 20 mg , after 4 months went to 30 mg, now l am on 40mg l use to fantasize on how l would kill myself,especially in the morning, now l am a different person, l love life, see your GP.
  • Posted

Go and see your GP bcoz 10 mg is not much, l started on 10 mg for a week then increased to 20 mg , after 4 months went to 30 mg, now l am on 40mg l use to fantasize on how l would kill myself,especially in the morning, now l am a different person, l love life, see your GP.
  • Posted

• Posted

Thanks Rich.  That sounds like where I'm at at the moment and I want to be back in that place of enjoying life.  
    • Posted

hi Rich

How long did it take you to start loving life? I have been taking citalopram 20mg for 3 weeks now, but some days im ok, some im awful !

my partner left me after 5 year , and was cheating on me, made me physically sick, wasnt eating, sleeping so went to doctor, he diagnosed depression, but like you said, in the mornings you felt awful, same as me! mornings are dreadful. just want to feel better again any advice?xxx

• Posted

I think you need tne 20 mg and stay with that a few weeks. It took me 2/3 weeks to settle on 20

am off it now..it tookme a year.....as GP wanted it short term but am on st jons wort which is ok but not as zippy do do dah as cit.

in fact though the one thing that keeps me on s j w  is reading tne horrors of stabilising on cit and it's side effects...which I well remember 

but its a valance isn't it....

• Posted

Yeah, think I'm going to got to 20mg.  Just not looking forward to side effects.  I have them really bad at the moment and can't imagine them being worse!
  • Posted

You may find there are few effects. I read the 20 mg is the optimum starting for depression and that actually there can be less of a problem at tbat level . My GP put me on 20 straight away and having read extensively on this bb I can see that was correct 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.