liver disease

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi there,does having fluid in your tummy mean you have liver disease.thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Scottie fluid in the abdomen is called ascites..and yes is usually associated with liver disease I have this problem myself and I'm being treated with water tablets hope this helps Chrissy 
    • Posted

thanks chrissy,so ascites is treatable with water tablets,do you need to take them always,will the liver heal in time..
  • Posted

thanks chrissy,so ascites is treatable with water tablets,do you need to take them always,will the liver heal in time..
  • Posted

Yes ascites is treatable ....or at least it helps....it would depend what kind of liver disease you have  
  • Posted

hi Scottie it sounds as tho you have cirrhosis and hep c......hopefully the drs are looking after you don't be afraid to ask questions..I also have non alcoholic cirrhosis not great is it and I hardly drink !!!! Chrissy 

• Posted

hi,its my auntie,no i dont think its called cirrhosis,think its a liver disease,she was so ill in hospital ,with loads fluid and yellowing of the eyes.yet they have sent her home with water tabs,i dont understand how you can be that ill ,then they send you home,what happens if the fluid comes back..thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.