FED UP

Posted , 11 users are following.

HAVE BEEN ON ORALSTAT FOR TWO WEEKS, JOINED AEROBICS AND STILL HAVE NOT LOST ANY WEIGHT

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG, EATING VERY LOW FAT

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

what other members and myself have found is that people are not getting the correct information on how to use these tablets and also not reading the leaflet that comes with them.

So firstly would like to ask you what you are eating during the day.

remember you should be aiming to eat up to 30g's of total fat per day.

no more than 15g's of total fat at any one sitting

• Posted

DONT EAT BREAKFAST , MAYBE BANANA WHEN I GET TO WORK. FOR LUNCH I HAVE RATATOUIE AND BUTTER BEANS OR SALAD BOTH ARE LOWFAT. FOR TEA I HAVE BREAST OF CHICKEN, OR TURKEY WITH LOADS OF VEGETABLES ON THE GEORGE FOREMAN, 0% FAT YOGURT. I KNOW I AM UNDER THE FAT ALLOWANCE. IF IM HUNGRY THEN I SNACK ON SNACK A JACKS OR FRUIT. NO SALT ON MY FOOD.

I HAVE NOT HAD ANY SIDE EFFECTS EITHER, BUT I FEEL BLOATED AND MY LEGS FEEL FULL OF FLUID. WEIGHED WITH THE SAME CLOTHES ON EACH WEEK AND AT THE SAME TIME - STILL NO WEIGHT LOSS. I AM CURRENTLY 12STONE 13 AND WANT TO LOSE 2 STONE PLUS.I HAVE JOINED AEROBICS . FEEL SOOOOOOOOOO FED UP THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE LOST SOMETHING FEEL LIKE A FAILURE

• Posted

Don't forget that if you are exercising you would possibly be adding muscle which is heavier than fat. have you taken measurements? Don't give up heart, it's only two weeks in. When is your first weigh in with the doc?
  • Posted

Hi,

I think the best advice I received about these tablets wasn't from the Dr but from the Pharmacist.

I wasn't particularly happy about being on them and I think she could tell!! Anyway she said to me DO NOT have a fat free diet and have a small amount of fat in all your meals (no more than the 15g). She said if I didn't have any fat there's no point in me even taking them and they will not work for me.

I think from reading people's experiences on here this is very true. To be honest it also makes the whole process a lot less painful that everything doesn't have to be fat free!!

Please, please don't beat yourself up over the first couple of weeks. One of the hardest things about losing weight is the tricks your mind plays on you. I have never joined a forum like this before but I feel so pleased to be able to pop on here each day and realise I am not alone in this process and neither are you.

xx

• Posted

[my weigh in is in two weeks time, i do feel thinner but the scales are the same, my mum is on them as well and she has lost 6lb in two weeks (by her scales) i know its not going to happen over night but to lose no weight in two weeks and being so good makes me feel very dispondant
  • Posted

Keep going keep a record of what you are eatting and the exercise you are taking to prove to your doctor or nurse that you are working so hard. Like somebody said it could be that you have gained muscle which weighs more than fat, you could have lost inches instead, you said you feel thinner, just think of it as a healthier lifestyle. i know what you mean about your mum losing weight though I've worked really hard to lose 1 and half stone on these tablets, yet my son who has made [u:ee7ba27213]some[/u:ee7ba27213] changes to his diet and has started taking exercise is not on the tablets has lost a stone without calory counting and fat counting day in and day out. Please don't give up keep going and log onto here I find it helps me keep going x
  • Posted

Hiya,

it does sound like you're not eating enough to be honest.

Also, not having breakfast till very late in the day keeps your metabolism on the slow side sad

I used to never really eat breakfast, and found I was eating more later on - telling myself it was ok as I'd missed breakfast!

I found a (healthy low fat) cereal I liked and stuck with it, having 30g of it a day with skimmed milk. Since Ive started having a proper breakfast - whether I feel like eating or not - has really helped kickstart things in the morning and get me on track for eating at proper times and getting into a routine with food. (with the exception of last weekend when I went off the rails a bit!)

Hope this helps. Stay strong and keep going.

Good luck

Pinkypie :D

• Posted

thank you for all your support, i will stick at it - lots of helpful information from all of you.

i have been taking the tablet AFTER every meal is that right. My doctor just gave me the tablets and said she`d see me in four weeks.

off to aerobics and still eating sensibly so perhaps it will still work for me. i will keep you posted on the dreaded weigh in!!!!!

• Posted

afterwards is fine, you can take them up to an hour after the meal for them to remove 1/3 of any fat taken at that meal.

I personally take mine as I am dishing up as I get my cup of water so I don't forget and it's just a habit now

• Posted

Hi,

. What mg are they as ones you get from docs are double strength than ones you buy at chemists ?

• Posted

This thread is over a year old so you won't get a reply from the OP

the ones you get from your doctor are 120mg

• Posted

I would measure yourself, waist, hips, chest, thighs and upper arms.

My weight loss is quite slow, but in 6 weeks I've lost 10cm from my waist. I do quite a lot of exercise, but when I change, eg. to add in running again, I always find my weight stabilises for a bit while my body adjusts and builds muscle in the relevant groups.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.