Feel like am getting worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone I haven't posted on here for a while as I was doing ok but these last 2 weeks have been awful. 

It all started when I heard about a man who is in his late 50-60s had been poorly to and from doctors and it turns out they have found a growth in his mouth so sending him for further tests since I heard that I have been totally obsessed with checking in my mouth and getting so upset thinking OMG what if this happenes to me. I suffer with the dry mouth with aniexty anyway so that doesn't help. 

I feel very emotional and haven't been sleeping well either. Why does aniexty do this to us? My mum is so supportive and she helps me so much but going to have to see how I go this week and maybe go to see my doctor to see what he thinks is best I don't want to go back on medication. Can anybody recomend any other things to help me please. 

Thank you. 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

If you do not wish to go down the medication route, then therapy, relaxation, meditation, mindfullness, all these things could help you 
    • Posted

Thank you. How do I go about these? Do u speak to your doctor about it? 
    • Posted

You can get on you tube and there's some good meditation and mindfulness for anxiety/panic attacks..also Google CBT therapy I downloaded a app that helps and teaches you how to cope. Good luck I'm on meds and its helping a lot but the side effects stink. ❌❌❌
  • Posted

I agree with Tony, lots of lovely meditations on you tube or you can buy CDs with them, even just sitting for 15 minutes and listening to relaxing music is beneficial! About the meds, im of the opinion they are a godsend, i have no side effects on them at all except weight loss, which im quite happy about! Im one of the lucky ones i guess in that respect, i have been on them 2 months now and i am getting my life back!
    • Posted

Thank you all for your kind advice I will certainly take all of this on board will try anything to help. 

I used to be on medication a about 15 months ago was on them for about 7 months and I had no side effects either just lost weight. You just think as soon as u stop taking medication it's stops aniexty but no its with you all the time. 

• Posted

If you are well on the medication, same as me and you only need it for a few months, i think you should consider it... I know some people are dead against it, but i feel no shame or embarrassement about it... I dont tell people who dont need to know, just the important people in my life who support me through the tough times know. I have suffered with anxiety since i was 20 and i am now 46, but this last episode was scary and i  dont think i would have managed without the meds this time, i was very low and saw no way out
    • Posted

Am 26 and I have only been like this since I had my little boy who is now 2 and a half I constantly worry about everything and it scares me so much. 

I will try the other methods 1st what people have suggested then will go back and see doctor see what he has to say. My doctor is brillant which I think helps. 

• Posted

Not at all... I take a small dose of fluoxetine daily, that is all, it is really helping and no side effects
    • Posted

Tablets are funny! I can't take paracetamol, it spins me out, antibiotics give me diahorea and most meds dont agree with me, but i am a happy bunny on fluoxetine
    • Posted

I take buspar and my vision gets blurry for a Lil bit. Hope its normal. I take 15 mg a day. Ativan 0.5 as needed.
    • Posted

I take 15 mg buspar it makes my vision blurry for a Lil bit hope that's normal and 0.5 mg ativan as needed. I've been on 3 different meds and had bad side effects. Go back to physiatrist Thursday may switch my med. The side effects freake out.. Ugh
    • Posted

No it's not I have seen my doctor several times and i he said it's post natal aniexty I when he put me on the tablets and once I came off them I was great for about 3-4 months then unfortunately it came back my aniexty so bad and its has stayed around since its awful. 
  • Posted

When I first started having anxiety/panic attacks I thought I had a serious illness and at one point thought I was having a heart attack!.  I take medication, amiltripyline and gabapentin, I don't think I will ever be off them.  When they start going out my system I have sweats and a sore head.  I really do think there is not enough publicity about panic attacks or anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.