Another new knee on thuesday

Posted , 8 users are following.

had TKR in august17 no problems as such pain like everyone now new knee on Tuesday but not the same surgeon hoping all goes well bit apprehensive I got a cancelation date

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Wow thats quick. I am waiting to have my other knee done. Had first one in April and on the waiting list. Wish I could get a cancellation because I think the waiting is worse than the actual op.Good luck and let us know how you get on.
    • Posted

Why do you have to wait, I went through book and choose and sellected a treatment centre where there is only a maximum one month wait, and no cancellations.  Own room with free tv and 'phone and hotel services.  I am in very sleepy backward Somerset, so I assume these centres are all over the country?
    • Posted

I am going to a private hospital paid for by the NHS. I dont know what has gone wrong this time I was in pretty quick for the first one. There is no book and choose. The consultant just said he would have me in soon. That was September. The only thing I can think is thaty the private patients who are paying lots of money are seen to first. Quite right too if you are paying.I'm in Chadderton, going into Highfield Rochdale. A very good hospital so worth the wait.
  • Posted

Make sure you have lots of meds. The 1st knee tends to play up a bit when it is relied on to help out with the second. Very strange because you feel as if you are going backwards with your first. All the best. I find that patience is the key.
  • Posted

Well at least you know what to expect this time.  Good luck for Tuesday, hope it all goes well, please let us know how it went as soon as you feel able.
  • Posted

Big Alan.  Good luck on your knee. I wish I had not had or have pain. I guess everyone else heals different. I was not optional to get a total. Cause parts of my leg was still good. So he did not want to mess up the good muscles.   I know I have to have my other done. Just really waiting till last minute. It was a bad experiance.  Best luck and my prayers is with you..: 
  • Posted

All the best. I had both mine done 4 weeks apart. The second was more painful I needed mire pain relief. Also took longer to get to 90 bend. But it's now doing better than the first, more bend, 120 or so, less swelling less pain. They're all differentsmile both doing well now, and I am glad I had it done. I'm much more active now, but still get very tired.
    • Posted

Alan.  Sandra.   I am afraid lol to have the other one done. I know it needs it. But I am a whimp.   Anyone know why they like to do them so close? 
  • Posted

Good luck Alan hope it all goes smoothly. And now you know you don't need any more knees done so this time next year you'll be skipping like a lamb.

let us know how it goes there are a few of I on here that may need another one done. 

Take care enjoy the rest and recover strong

• Posted

Good luck Alan. We will be thinking of you. Think of the long run. U will be doing better. I can't wait to see the day I can squat and bend. But enough about me.  Good luck to you. Make the best of your recovery. Just know you can do it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.