Shrugging with this 2nd tkr

Posted , 6 users are following.

beenat a low this week tablets did not arrive had a sleepless night went 2 have these stitches out 2day bobbin on one end loose cord on other no way could nurse get them out she phoned the surgeon he said don't worry just cut off cor d and bobbin I'll see him at next appointment plaster over were bobbin was because it was infected see nurse in a weeks time feeling a bit sorry 4 my self

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alan

sorry to hear you're struggling 

and about your stitches it's just as if they don't care ...all the Surgeons care about is that the implant is put in right 

they are not concerned with the aftercare

I hope you have a decent GP who you can talk too because sadly I don't 

also no one prepares you for the emotional side of this Op but you are such early days and take my word for it things will improve week by week.

take care and keep posting on this site I've found the support from others ...invaluable.

Jean 

• Posted

Bless your heart. Prayers for you!!! As all said time heals all. 
  • Posted

Hi Alan 

sorry you feel so down. Jean is right about surgeons they don't bother about aftercare. I think you are entitled to feel sorry for yourself, you have been through a lot.  Try and enjoy Christmas with you meds sorted, hopefully. Take care xx

• Posted

Very sorry to hear that you're having such a bad time, but that's how it seems to be, a roller coaster ride! Some weeks I feel like I'm progressing and others have been so depressing, full of pain and wishing that I'd never bothered to have the operation, but my physio (who I'm now paying) &  this forum keeps me goingcheesygrin

With regards to the infection, please monitor it closely and get medical help immediately if it looks any worse, don't leave it a week to see a nurse if you're not happy that it's getting better. Take care. 

• Posted

anita here...retired nurse ...and post rt tkr in august....ALAN !..ITS SO VERY ,,VERY  IMPORTANT  TO TAKE THE CONTROL THAT ONLY YOU HAVE  !...DO ALL YOU CAN TO HELP YOURSELF  I'm not sure  what products  are available in your area...before my surgery I bought antibacterial gel and soap for my home...I even bought a new bundle of small wash towels just for my knee do all you can to keep it all super clean...WASH YOUR HANDS ALL THE TIME !...THE BIGGEST SOURCE OF INFECTION IS YOUR HANDS ...nurses  are taught this all the time...dont be discouraged...just get a nrw plan of attack I wish you well and speedy  healing ...this whole process is a lot of work...so do what you can to help yourself...stay in touch with this forum

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.