Sertraline - What brand are you taking right now?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys,   smile

I've been on sertraline for two years and it's been a life saver for me but I've noticed the different brands have differing efficacy with me so I was wondering what company/brand you're all on and what you think of it?

I believe the most common ones are Accord, Pfizer, Bristol and Dr Reddy's.

Would be very interested to know what brands everyone is taking!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Interesting....I take Lustral (Pfizer as you know!)...What is your experience of the different brands?I won't take the generic brands..
    • Posted

Hi Sally, thanks for your reply!

I don't want to alert anyone who may be on the brands that don't work for me, so I must say first that I've read people who prefer the brands that haven't worked for me.

Pfizer is the best for me, Accord is second best by a small margine, Dr Reddy's and Bristol Laboratories are the worst for me and Bristol actually caused my Dr to up my dose to 150mg because I was feeling so bad on it (heart beating out of my chest, no appetite, diarrhea, severe anxiety & depression). I felt so good on Pfizer and Accord that I was actually able to reduce my dose back to 100mg with little to no side effects.

Have you ever tried the generic brands?

• Posted

Yes...When I taken Effexor some years ago and NEVER again!Put me right off and I wouldn't risk it now as it would have put me off taking anything for good.I got a bad feeling when I was initially prescribed Dr Reddys.....So Lustral works for me at present!All the best,Sally
    • Posted

Thanks Sally,

I'll see what I can do about getting the doc to re-prescribe the Pfizer brand for me tomorrow.

Thanks so much for your replies!

• Posted

Hi Cassius one 

I'm on a brand called pristiq which my doctor put me on for my anxiety which I've only now been on for a week so all going well so how ever my point of normal brand mess to generic brand you are best off asking your doctor which one they recommend because I was taking an aniobotic called keflex then went to get my 2nd repeat made up from a different chemist and they said they only had they generic brand cal cephalecine they said oh it's all the same things in it so that's fine get home took 2 as I should have 4 hours later took 2 more like I was told to do my god my face and body all blew up I had massive red lumps all over my bodyi was put into hospital for nearly a week a to fix the side affects of the gerneric tablets and to then fix the uti infection I had

doctors have told me never ever to get gerneric brad meds again because the mixing agent are different to the real thing which isn't labelled on the box. 

So do your self a favour and listen to what body is telling you when your not feeling right then goto your doctor and tell him / she the problem your having with ur meds. 

something else is everyone's  body is different and it's fine to read things on here take care look after number 1 and listen to what your body is saying. 

I hope you fine the answers you need. 

Regards nadine 

• Posted

Thanks so much Nadine! I hope everything works out well for you too!   smile
  • Posted

Hya, I'm currently on lustral which has really helped (I thank my GP no end) for putting me

In them as b4 I was in a pretty awful place! 

Best wishes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.