water infection

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya ladies im two weeks post op and can't seem to shake this water infection off got antibiotics of doc nearly finished them and still not right feel like I have to go all the time so uncomfortable especially first thing in the morning anyone else have this problem

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda,

I also had a wtaer infection post op. It takes soem time for your baldder to recover from surrounding brusing/swelling and trauma.

Your bladder was supported pre op by the uterus, and now it has to take time to adjust! 

My sister in law, a continence nurse said:

Hold it for as long as you can-strengthen your bladder, and when you go, dont start/stop, just go, it helps your bladder tow ork properly, and not become lazy.

It took me until 4 weeks to get better function.. eg not waking up twice per night!!

Give it time to heal, and keep practicing those kegels-vagina clenching..it took me 4 weeks until I could hold it for ten seconds!

Best Wishes

• Posted

Thank you Paula will tryto do that it's just so annoying and uncomfortable especially waking up at night and is at its worst first thing on a morning x
  • Posted

Hi Linda

i too had a water infection on leaving hospital, they blame the catheter and took a course of antibiotics. I am 13 weeks post op and I still have the feeling that I am coming down with another water infection! I get up at least once most nights and have a burning sensation some mornings. I am hoping this will settle soon. Some have told me it can take up to 6 months to feel "normal" again!!  

• Posted

ohhhhhhhhhh... thats too bad linda sad

Did you fully clean out your bladder before the OP???  Take the drink/fast??

I know I had TERRIBLE pain with passing my first stool, that lasted for weeks, had to use stool softners and it helped... but urinating was "ok", lil uncomfortable.

I hope you can get by that and start feeling better soon smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.