Smear done.....now what

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so in December I had my first smear test, i didnt find it too bad but i got a letter telling me i had borderline changes. I am PETRIFIED of going for a colposcopy as I stupidly looked up what they do for treatment for abnormal cells. 

Is there a chance that I could ask to go for a further smear instead of this colposcopy??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had a colposcopy in december. i hate having a smear, i find them very uncomfortable even painful. but when i went for the colposcopy it was not painful at all. It was all over in less than 2 mins.

The doctors who do the colposcopy do them all day everyday, unlike the nurse who do the smears, so they are more gently when doing the test. 

• Posted

No i didn't. 

Sorry i can't give you any info on a biopsy.

• Posted

Hi Kelly, I had a colposcopy in 2011. They sting a bit which is the fluid they use but other than a little discomfort it's not too bad x

if you want to ask anything I'm here, ask away and I'll do my best to answer for you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.