No stock of orlistat !!!!

Posted , 69 users are following.

Hi everyone this is my first time on here.

As I can't get my prescription from any local

Chemists everyone is saying there is a problem

With the manafactuer. Has anybody else had the same

Problem.

Help xxx

4 likes, 579 replies

579 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

OK so ive been browsing the patient website and im trying to find out stuff to do with weight loss, ive been bf my little girl for 11 weeks tomorrow, for the last 3 ive been combining with formula so i know she'd be ok if i were to stop BF, thing is i seem to keep gaining weight, i was prescribed orlistat 3 years ago and i lost about 1st in 3 weeks which was great, then i fell preg with my son so had to stop them, after having him i had severe PND and was on medication for that and i was not particularly hungry and i exercised on the wii fit for an hour every other day and i lost quite a bit of weight, then i came off my antidepressants, and gained 2stone then fell pregnant with my little girl who is now as i say 11 weeks tomorrow, i dont eat huge amounts my portions are smaller than hubbys but more than my 2 and 3 year olds, i actually put my dinner on a smaller plate on purpose.

I just dont know what to do any more, you'd think running around after 3 under 4 i would burn of plenty of energy, i also find no matter how busy i am i eat more when hubby is at work, its almost like im secret eating without meaning to.

I used to be bulemic age 15-20 I am now approaching 31, there are days i think about shoving my fingers down my throat again as i was a size 10 back then but i wasnt happy with the way i looked back then

right now I would be happy with the weight and size 14st and size 16 last april at my sons 1st birthday.

the thing thats made me want to cry is i have NOTHING that fits me at the moment, i had to buy a pair a 3/4 length trousers yesterday in a size 22 as all i have that does fit is my maternity trousers and jeans ,... how depressing

not a good sign that there seems to be a lack of orlistat though, anyone know of any other weight loss drug available from the gp

• Posted

Hi dwalters81 ..How I sympathise with you about clothes.. its such a booster when smaller nicer clothes fit .. and I understand about picking when your hubby is at work ..mine works a late afternoon into the night shift and I find evenings are hardest not to snack .. I have completely stopped chocolate and bread during the week and in the evening I will either have an apple and sometimes a few (small handfull) of nuts if I feel like a snack..

But the thing is maybe its worth you going back to the doctor as your low feelings could be a mild bout of PND again that you need a bit of help with.. explain to your GP exactly how you are feeling and they will be able to tell you the best way they can help you.

My own daughter had PND and this on its own is hard enough to deal with apart from having your hands full with two little ones ..do go and see your GP. xx

• Posted

i have called my gp today and they have no appts for the rest of the week which means i now have to wait 2 weeks to be able to see a gp and really dont want to take all 3 children into the surgery and next week is half term

i will try calling tomorrow and wednesday to see if i can get an on the day appt though

• Posted

@dwalters81 - i checked with my dr to see what else i could take and he said there is nothing else !!, i decided to check with my uncle (he's a dr in birmingham) and he also said nothing else on prescription !!

good luck with yours, would you mind letting us all know how you get on with yours and if you do get something else, i think we will all be RUNNING to our dr's !! he he

Thank you

x

• Posted

Hey i'm new to this,i had a months supply of orlistat before it ran out and i now cant find it anywhere.i keep ringing the pharmacy and they keep saying no they dont have it and they dont know when it will be in,they say i have to keep ringing.lloyds told me manafature has told them around september!

ive put on weight feeling crap!!!got a few tablet but i dont want to take them as whats the point??il take them loose some weight run out and put on the weight lol x

• Posted

i have the same problem i lost weight and now i have put it back on again, depressing, i was told earlier that there was some coming into the country at the end of this week beginning of next week, so we can hope.
  • Posted

what happened to the amphete diet pills?they should have some sort of back up x
  • Posted

Hi - The other diet pills that were on the market were withdrawn to do negative side effects - one being a high risk of sucide!

I believe America are in the process of trialing a new diet pill - a combination of toperimate and another pill - but I would be rather wary of taking it, if it gets passed for sale in the UK - As I have taken Toperimate (primally for epilepsy and migranes) but I was perscribed it for chronic back pain - was on it for over a month 1/2 and boy , the amount of horrid side effects I had - from tingerling hands and feet, insomia, increase peeing, tiredness, sweating, saw joints, and lots more.

I would stick to the Orilistat or just decrease portion sizes and eat sensibly and excercise.

I know how diffult it can be as with the chronic back pain i find it hard to do a lot of excercise! but am still managing to loose 2-3 pounds fornightly.

Good luck people.

• Posted

this is what i have tried explaining to my doctor i dont eat many calories and i walk atleast 2 hours a day just doing school run!and yet i keep putting weight on!ive had thyroid tests etc but all clear so really dont know whats going on!i didnt even loose weight on orlistat the month i was on it i stayed the same.x
  • Posted

Hi Dollie666

Do you sleep badly. I have the same problem, eating less and walking more and either losing a pound or two or none at all. I can't seem to get through to my gp that because I sleep badly no matter what I try I can't seem to shift the weight. I have read so many times about this problem and that it changes the metabolism. A few years ago I did a 12 week course on a health start at the gym and lost "2lbs." It was two, two hour sessions per week. I had one month of Orlistat and managed to only lose 2-3 lbs. I do feel defeated at times but will keep on trying.

• Posted

@ dollie666 If not already done, ask your GP for a Thyroid Function blood test.

If this is not working properly you can put on a lot of weight, it can be treated by daily drugs and prescriptions become free because of this condition..

• Posted

Sorry misread your post and now realise you have had a Thyroid test. Cannot edit/delete posts.
  • Posted

Hey, no I sleep fine I think ,bout 6 hours at night and maybe a hour nap in the day.I think its horrible when I try explaining to ur doc u don't eat bad and u exercise every day n they just look at u like yea ok fattie lol so annoying! X
  • Posted

Just been to boots and spoke to pharmacist. They have been told end of July / August before they get any in- have had prescription since early march this year. How long are prescriptions valid ?
  • Posted

My nurse thought they were valid about three months, although when she gave me the prescription a few months ago she hadn't even heard there were no pills available, so it's anybody's guess.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.