Bunion Operation - so far no pain, but reading other posts getting worried

Posted , 11 users are following.

Had ny operation yesterday operation and so far not got any pain that paracetomol cant control, however looks like I could be a lucky one or have a big shock coming to me, does anyone know what recovery time is.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Glad things are going good for all of us on this thread ...now im just looking towards removal of the pins! and im taking extra calcium x
  • Posted

Still managing on paracetamol although have started Ibrufin today as well as my foot is huge, fingers crossed it continues
    • Posted

Hi iowcaulhead, I hope you are taking it easy and that you are making sure when you elevate your foot it's at a higher level than you're heart. This helps to cut down on swelling and pain if you have any. I needed about four cushions under mine when I was resting on the couch and in bed I had three pillows to elevate it while sleeping. Hope it reduces for you very soon. In the meantime take care.LadyPink
  • Posted

I am nearly 6 weeks post op and I only took pain killers for 10 days, about 5 days of paracetamol and neurofen regularly, then 5 days just at night.  The only night I really had pain I used codein and paracetamol instead and it didn't work as well, and even then the pain was only like a bad day with the bunion!
  • Posted

I had my opp about 10 days ago and have never had any pain at all. My feet look great and there is very little swelling. I've had both big toes done and work done on three other toes, one on my right foot and two on my left foot. Don't get me wrong, I'm not up for running a marathon or joining a kick boxing class but I'm walking fine on my heals and sleeping soundly at nights. I did burst my stitches at one point but that was totally my own fault for doing way to much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.