Chronic Daily Migraine 2 years and counting is it going to stop?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm new to the group. I suffer with this since Nov 2012. I had never had a migraine before so I had no idea what was happening. I have lost my hearing several times, get the visual problems, dont really have aura's unless the hearing and numbness counts as one however I do get the most bizarre strange crashing shapes when I close my eyes mainly yellow and black in colour. I't's almost like looking through a keledoscope. I have tried all meds which haven't worked and had boxtox yesterday. I sometimes have no headache but have all the other symptoms. In 2 years I have never had a day symptom free. I now have Fibromyalgia and ME so I also have widespread bodily pain that gets so bad that I can't walk. I also have cognative disorder and short term memory problems which aren't because of the medications. in November 2014 I had the worst headache ever and have been left with tinnitus and vertigo which is so annoying. Does anyone else have these addional problems. It's hard when no one can relate to you sad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi alison

I to suffer from migraines and have done for a number of years the things i notice is like its a pushing pain behind the eyes sometimes they get so bad to the point where i can not eat and even the sillest smells get to me and make me feel sick and ocasionally i do throw up due to the pain, i can kinda understand about the vision problems when i get a migraine but saying that i do also have Keratoconus

i have been on 3-4 different meds for the migraines and none have worked it is so hard to explain the pain and the way it affects you to doctors and other people as they do not suffer from it on a daily basis and they say 'its only a migraine' it is but on a daily basis 2-3 times a day and some days it does not go away

my advice would be just keep going to your doctor and they will soon do something to try and help, i also went to a nurologist and the doctors are going to refer me yet again to them, i know it seems like a uphill battle but the more you persist with the doctors the more chance they will do something about it

• Posted

I'm under the migraine clinic and under a neurologist. My doctor just prescribes the meds really. My neurologist got me into another neurologist clinic for my botox as she couldn't get me into hers until May. I was really greatful to her as I went yesterday. He was a bit blarsay when I asked him how long will the effects last. He said "suck it and see" made me feel like I was a time waster. I think the gp's really don't understand migraines and I feel a bit guilty about always going to see them. They know it's bad especially when I can't string a sentence together and my pupils are two very different sizes. They don't know what to do. Just got back from there with 3 weeks worth of meds which is just 12 tablets. These conditions have destroyed life as I knew it. Sorry ranting a bit new meds make me aggressive as well :-@
  • Posted

Hi, Alison. So sorry to hear you are going thru this. It is scary when you don't know what is going on. You are not alone though. I have had several of the symptoms you are experiencing including the vertigo, dizziness, the tinnitus, cognitive disorders and short term memory problems. The medical term for my conditions is complex vestibular migraine. I had been under a lot of stress for more than a year and all the vitamins and minerals were depleted in my diet. Since I am very sensitive to pharmaceuticals and don't tolerate the side effects well, after much research, I added a good magnesium supplement (gluconate), started taking a butterbur/feverfew supplement and did some research on the brain neuro-transmitters. I changed my diet to include more good protein. I am doing sooo much better these days. I also noticed that high salt meals trigger my vertigo /migraine. Hope these tips help you. When all else fails, go the natural route. What do you have to lose? Hope you feel better soon.

Patricia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.