anxiety issue?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone. Im not sure if this is anxiety but I was in hospital for a week due to anxiety attacks. But I want to ask, I play football every Monday for an hour and I come home and take my pulse reading. And it's ranging from 106-116bpm these were on different days. But does it take a while for it to settle after sports. I'm only 20 years old and hate thinking that I'm going to die after every game. If anyone could share some light on this it will be most greatful. Thanks

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Do you suffer from anxiety & did they check your heart in hospital?! I was in the ER from having panic attack & sometimes when I lay down my heart beats fast but if you already have anxiety & think about it too much you'll start getting anxious.. Yes running ect makes your heart rate elevate.. Try to relax & stay calm.. You should b find especially if they ran tests
    • Posted

Yea they ran all the usual. Elf. 24hr moniter ext. And blood tests all came back fine. Said it was just stress related.
    • Posted

Exact thing happened to me.. I suffered from anxiety but it was mild & then I had a lot of stress and ended up in ER for chest pain but everything was fine.. When I was waiting on my labs my heart rate went up to 180+ & they did other tests & told me everything was fine & to see a cardiologist .. I did & had a 24 hour holter & Ultrasound .. All normal and after that I think I had 3-4 really bad panic attacks & my pulse was always fast.. But I think it was mostly because it was all new to me & I was scared so that stressed me out which made my pulse race.. Stress can do a lot to you but if everything was fine it's just you and the anxiety.. Sports or working out will make your heart race so you're ok.. Just don't think about it.. Or at least try not too
    • Posted

That's it. They did all the same tests with me. My pulse rate hit 181 when I was lying in hospital. But I blame my dad for that one counting my heart rate. So it just went up and up and started to panic when he counted it. But all tests came back fine. Also did they give you the beta blocker to take?
    • Posted

No they didn't give me anything because mine was stress/anxiety.. Why'd they give you that?! Now I don't think about mine as much & I've noticed it doesn't happen as much.. With anxiety/stress your mind can mess with you..
    • Posted

They gave it to me because I was in the constant fight or flight response. So it kept my pulse at around 120 while lying down and had a lot of adrenaline running through me. Did you get and tingling or numbness first time you got an attack.?
    • Posted

Yes I got tingling like pins & needle feelings in my head.. Legs.. Face... I was getting sharp pains in my head but they did tests & my dr said if all my tests were normal it was stress.. You don't really realize what stress can do to you & then also with anxiety & depression it's a whole lot.. But yes I did.. One time my heart started beating weird & loud & I went by ambulance to the ER.. Now that I've been through it I've been able to talk myself out of it.. Haven't had a bad attack for awhile but when I feel like I'm getting panicky it's so scary but I keep telling myself .. This happened before & you're ok.. And I keep telling myself that & it helps ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.