Surprisingly painful foot fracture

Posted , 2 users are following.

It's like a chip of bone is floating away from the pinky toe.... and it hurts. No known reason for the break except that I had just purchased new  workshoes and spent 2 days in them putting up drywall.

I was told by the doctor  today that it'll heal naturally and he prescribed acetaminophen and codeine for the pain. Does anyone have any advice for me or can give an idea of recovery time?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My friend says if he buys new boots, he soaks them in a bucket overnight. Then the next day he puts them on and wears them until they dry out. Only then are they "broken in" and comfortable like molded to fit his feet.
    • Posted

Hi carolyn, I wish that I had done that and avoided this break. I've never broken a bone before and it's really painful to move it around!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.