feeling weepy nd tearful on hydroxychlorquine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recently started hydroxychloroquine for recent diagnosis of SLE...only been on it about 10 days nd no real change to my symptoms but since yesterday i have been feeling very tearful, weepy and anxious about everything...is this normal or am i going mad 😯 thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lizzygall,

I was diagnosed with Discoid Lupus (Lupus of the Skin) and I am currently taking hydroxychloroquine along with Prednisone.  Some days I feel very emotional too; it is a side affect with taking these medications.  Not to worry, you are not going mad.  It will get better...

• Posted

hello lizzygall...from my experience-.hydroxychloroquin is known to be a slow acting medication and can take several weeks before any improvement is felt...occasional low dose short course of prednisolone and/or local injections for pain/stiffness can be added.... your rheumy should organise regular 6 monthly blood checks to monitor your inflammation, liver function, etc etc...usually up to 10 samplestaken at a time....this gives them the ongoing picture for any further decisions -.the unpredictability of the disease from day to day throws in sadness and stress.. ...Grab the good days!! and know that others think of you... Valerie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.