Will I be back to normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I hope I hear from someone to let me know how they have done. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

In my experience the most important thing to do for the first couple of weeks is keep the foot elevated as much as possible. Only get up for essential things like going to the toilet. Rely on people around you to look after you. Be patient and take things slowly. It will pay off in the end. 
  • Posted

I'm at the end of my time....have you had this done
  • Posted

hello! i had my bunions operated on left one two weeks ago and the right one i had done today. i have noticed a great improvement in my left one but went through hell with it as it was extreemly painfull for the first week. im not having to go through that with my right one, people say im crazy but i just look at all the benifits. 

my bunions are hereditary and my mum and nan have them. when my nan had hers done years ago, she is a hairdresser went straight tot work the next day with her leg up (CRAZY!) im also a hairdresser now and could never do that. 

cu tot the chase a bit,  my nan told me she regreted having the operation as she didnt feel normal for months after. you could blame that on her for not resting like she should have. but as i was talking to her the other day, she explained how if she didmt have it done, she would have been in a mess. its known bunions can take a full year for it to me 100% recovered, and she said 9 months - a year after her operation, she felt like she had a new leese of life and brand new feet. she was in her 40s when she had that done.

my mum was in her 30s with a 1 year old baby, me at the age of 9 and a 14 year old. my dad was constantly working so not around to help and she managed well. apart from the fact her bunions came back and the screws in her feet pushed through ans were visable under the skin. im 19 i was suffering more than my mum and nan, and im the only one she has tried to rest as much as possible.

that is definatly the main key. just rest rest rest dont listen to other people if they say you shoukd walk more on it they dont know anything about it as its a broken bone needing to heal, then aftwe u can walk on it.

sorry i typed so much i know how bad i needed advice so just helping as much as i can!

hope everything goes well keep me updated 

gemma

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.