I Have hyperthyroid + Graves Disease since 6 months my weight is very low what should i do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i am 27 M ,my tsh was 0.01 after eating carbimizole of 30 mg, 10 mg 3 times a day for 2 months my tsh increased to 0.30 but no weight gain is there,bones have also gone weak and have swelling in neck.

how much time will it take to recover my health.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I take whey protein powder to gain back my lost weight and some muscle strength.
    • Posted

I lost 5 pounds. I got it back and added 2 more pounds. But I also ate many meals a day.
    • Posted

I don't believe you can over-eat good, healthy food, especially with hyperthyroidism.  This condition speeds up the metabolism and your body requires more food and even some high calorie food after eating the more nutritious veggies, whole grains, high-protein foods, and fruits.

Drink plenty of water and avoid alcoholic beverages.

I also try to get plenty of milk and dairy and I take supplements that help with bone growth or stability:  Calcium, magnesium, vitamin D, and even manganese.  Manganese is not easy, for me, to find in a natural source, but Nestle's Strawberry Quik lists it as being reasonably fortified with it, so I use it.  Read labels.

• Posted

My mom couldn't walk, trembling, got into the nursery home for ten years. She was diagnose as Parkinson's disease. She sweats a lot, and got dehydration. Until resently I got very ill and was diagnosed as hyperthyroid with Graves' disease, I suddenly realize my mom has the same disease as mine. I stay at home with an understanding husband (I educated him), I am under much better condition to treat my disease compared to my mom who goes undianosed and untreated for ten years. 

Insead of 100% percent rely on the medication and doctor, keep seaching in the internet, lots of other efforts can be made at the same time to improve the symptoms.

• Posted

The fact is after I gained weight, I started to feel less and less hungry. I would love to put on a few more pounds but not so easy to gain now.

After I took the supplements for a while, I added a little zinc, then a little corpper, and I could feel a difference --- better. And I later found flaxseed oil helps too.

The thing is that back to January, after 22 days I was on anti-thyroid drug, I became allergic to it and had to stop. I went back to the the worst condition: couldn't walk, trembling, fast heartbeat, sweating.... Supplements and herbs couldn't work yet. So I dared myself to take 2.5mg anti-drug, rash again. Days later, I started to take less than 1.5mg. Now I feel better and better except when I taper my beta-blocker drug down to about 1mg, the heartbeat becomes uncontrollable. So I can't completely get rid of it yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.