New girl

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone, started on orlistat yesterday, looking forward to sharing my journey with you x

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi, welcome. I had my first weight in at doctors this morning and have lost 1 stone exactly - very happy. It's been quite hard and I've had a couple of meltdowns but think I've settled into this now and hopefully you will do too. Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi, well done you! may i ask you what you eat? i cant find any information anywhere xx
  • Posted

Good luck Mrs Mac.......Wow well done Kat02. I bet you are over the moon xx
  • Posted

Oh dear sorry......The wow message was for Niclips !!.....but good luck to you to Kat02 lol xx

• Posted

Lol! I was wondering haha! I'll be weighing myself saturday, I'd put 2lbs back on due to period, eugh sad
  • Posted

Hi there! welcome to the group! I have been on the tablets 6 weeks and I have lost 4kg (just under 9lb) got more to lose as i am wanting to go through IVF.

Good luck on your journey!

• Posted

Hi thanks for your message, well done you on your 9llb loss 
  • Posted

hi there i have just started them this week too :-). I started mine tuesday ooh im so hoping to get some weight off soon!! Good luck with yours keep me updated xxx
    • Posted

Hi Corinne, thanks for the message, let me know how you get on xx
    • Posted

Hi thanks for your reply ill let you know keep in touch let me know how your managing too xx
  • Posted

Hi, sure, yes, I eat quite well in fact despite it being very strict. I generally eat porridge for breakfast and I get the box of little packets where you just empty a packet into a bowl, put milk in the then empty packet up to line, pop that in and then into the microwave. I use almond milk instead of skimmed because it has a natural sweetner and tastes better and I usually add a handful of blueberries or raspberries too (add these before it goes into Microwave as they go all warm and mushy and it adds lovely juice and natural sweetness). I have 2 pieces of fruit throughout the morning - anything - pineapple, melon, strawberries, banana, grapes - whatever. For lunch I usually have 4 big rice cakes with light philadelphia and marmite on, a large bowl of chopped up cucumber, tomatoes and peppers and a tin of weight watchers soup or waitrose do their own variety chickn noodle low fat cup a coup - that's my favourite. Then in the afternoon I have more fruit if required and for dinner things like home made stir fry, i.e masses of mushrooms, peppers, spring onions, baby tomatoes etc and either chicken or prawns. For flavour I add garlic, soy sauce and salt n pepper, and I either have it with rice, pasta, or rice noodles (not the processed ready cooked ones but the raw dried ones that you just boil). It makes a massive meal and is so filling. Other days I have cod or haddock loin, roasted in oven with slice of lemon and salt n pepper with oven roasted veggies or peas and new potatoes. And I recently discovered mushy peas are almost zero fat so they are great to have with the fish and new tatties. Veggie sausages with Jacket potato and beans - which I bulk out with peppers and add some soy sauce (kind of bbq beans). I've also had beans on toast, jacket potato with beans on toast or homemade chillie con carne (low fat mince, loads of finely chopped veg - really fill it out with peppers, tomatoes, onions, kidney and canneloni beans, mushrooms etc) and loads of garlic, cumin, tomatoe puree, tinned tomatoes, smoked paprika, chillies to taste etc. Spaghetti bolonaise - again fill it out with veg and seasoning and you can have with pasta, pasta shells and bake in the oven. Whilst I am cooking I always have a cup a soup and raw carrots to stave off the hunger. And I drink loads - nothing but herbal teas, sugar free squash, diet coke and other diet fizzy drinks, and water - I don't drink alcohol so drinks are easy for me and it means in the evening I can have a muller light toffee yogurt or sugar free angel delight - make the angel delight with almond milk or skimmed milk and I always chop up strawberries and bananas or some such fruit to go in it. So evenigs are o.k for me but if you like a glass or wine etc. then you will need to think about your calorie intake and substitutions etc. The first couple of weeks were really hard as I didn't seem to lose anything at all and I was getting really upset, and then I got constipated, and I was having no oily discharge and I think it was because I was eating almost zero fat, so in order to see what would happen I had a day of eating fat - fish and chips and cadbury creme egg - and when I weighed myself the day after (and that was after going to the toilet lots during the night) I had dropped lbs. It happened again last week, I didn't lose any for nigh on 10 days and got constipated and so had a blow out last week for 2 days to see if it would work again, and lo and behold dropped lbs again in a matter of 24 hours. I have read that some people don't seem to lose and others lose loads so I think the first few weeks are a bit hit and miss whilst your body gets used to the tablets and you figure out what works best for you, but from my own personal point of view I have to be incredibly good for 6 or 7 days and then have a day of fatty normal food and that seems to kick start the weight loss which then slows down again and I have to kick start it again. This may all change of course and I'm not suggesting you do this, but for me I seem to grind to a halt and need to have something substantial and fatty to make me go to the toilet and kick start my metabolism or something. Anyway, that's what's happening to me and I have no idea why. My point is, everyone is having different results and you need to be prepared that for the first few weeks you may be all over the place - but do keep going as it is worth it as it does work - my 1 stone (which I was godsmacked about) is proof. But I am a big fatty who needs to lose 5 stone - oops, 4 stone now (that sounds better). I hope I've given you some help with meals and such but feel free to ask if you need any advice, or indeed let me know if you come across a good recipe or ideas. Bye for now.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply, that has given me some ideas on what to cook. Losing a stone is wonderful, well done you.  I am so look forward to seeing the scales go down. Your help and advice is much appreciated confused
    • Posted

You are very welcome. I forgot to say in that epic message this morning but I made stuffed peppers last night - they were lovely. Make a spaghetti bolonaise and use low fat mince and drain the fat away aswell, or you could use turkey mince or that vegetarian mince, and pack it out with plenty of veggies chopped really finely and lots of tomato puree, tinned tomatos and seasoning/herbs, then cut a large red pepper in half (I did 4 red peppers from a small mince) and fill them with the bolonaise filling, pop in the oven for 25 mins. They were lovely. Could have done with some cheese on top but the cheese will have to wait for a few months! Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.