First time outdoors since TAH!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just been out of the house for the first time since my TAH 2 weeks ago. Only went to my sisters was driven there and back. Out of the house for 3 hours. Only had a party tea and sat down all the time come back and I'm in agony. Hope this will get better soon. Feel like a right wimp!! Just had a meltdown 😥

Donna

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

whoah! at 2 weeks, you need to take it steady, I am 16 weeks post TAH,, I took my first trip to the shops at 3 weeks. We are  all different, but essentially, if you are in pain, its your bodys way of telling you to take it steady. At 2 weeks, getting around the house, and short walks are enough to build you up, let your body lead you..see Hyster Systers website for great info and support. Take it easy and I hope you have a good recovery..
  • Posted

Take it easy, and you're not a wimp. Must have just been a bit too long out and about. Listen to your body. It must be hard and it sounds like it overwhelmed you. Hope you get some rest and feel better soon. Take

Care, Anna.

• Posted

Bless you, I'm just over 6 weeks TAH and remember feeling ( see my other posts), exactly like that.... I was not really a patient patient!!!! and looking back I did do far too much at that stage......I went to a funeral on Monday and was in the car for quite a longtime, I literally had to lie on the sofa all day on Tuesaday....however I am having far more good days than bad now....it will get better, xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.