Help I start detox today!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been using tramadol and codeine for 3 years. I am currently taking quite a bit.i have taken 10 days of work to do this. I know it will be painful and I'm scared

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Goodluck Sue,its going to be hard but well worth it.Try to keep busy even though you ache and don't want to do anything. One day at a time is what people say.I will check in tomorrow to see how you are doing
    • Posted

Thank you I appreciate it.

I still havent managed to get out of bed as yet.

Have you detoxed yourself?

• Posted

I have done before but unfortunately ive relapsed. I'm on a methdone script but have ued on top of this. i have someone who lives with me and they have no intentions of stopping using and its holding me back. im not going to use from Monday and i know what i really should do and thats to not have him living with me. I will start again on Monday and see how i get on
    • Posted

Two addicts living together is never a good mix when trying to stop.  I use to be addicted to coke and crack but I got in to recovery and was clean for 2 and a half years. The pills have crept up on me, I've been taking over 600mg of codeine and 200mg of tramadol, plus using occasionally on top of that.

Good luck for Monday, stay in touch and let me know how you get on

• Posted

Hi Sue it's great you have time off. It is scary but just remember you are doing something great. It will be a roller coaster ride but just be kind to yourself and remember there are people here to support you and I'm sure your doctor too. It will be OK xx
    • Posted

Thanks Jo, I think you need  the help and suort when you are trying to recover, especially when you are doing it on your own.  I looked in to so many rehab/detox but they are so expensive!x
  • Posted

10 days is a push but doable I reckon. I hope it goes well for you, just keep thinking of life on the other side - it's gonna be good :-)
    • Posted

Thats what I thought - it may be that I have to take a couple of days sick at the end but definately 2 weeks should be enough..how long have you been clean?
    • Posted

I'm not quite there yet, next Tuesday is the target - tapering the stop a bit
  • Posted

its great to see people supporting one and other on here, thanks Sue and speak to you soon
  • Posted

Hi Sue how are things going? Jo x
    • Posted

Well I have come down from 4mg to 3mg today and I can def feel it.  Plus a couple of my mates are being really unthoughtful. I got thrown out of my last partners place - me and my daughter.  I had to emergency rehome my 3 cats (2 are with best friend and the other ia now back with me smile and leave my horse as they wouldnt give me the time to sell her (it was a racing yard but my horse was a pet, I loved her at my happiest when riding).  My partner loaned her to some people she knew even though I never met them and she was expensive.  my so-called best mate stayed friends with this girl after she did that!! and has just texted to say my horse is up for sale even though she knows I have no way of buying or anywhere to keep her.  When I said I wonder if she will pay me back the money, my mate kicked off and said I could of gone and got her back at any time and I shoudl be grateful she is selling her rather than selling her for meat?!! I mean what?! She is a fantastic horse and anyone would be lucky to own her - she is worth money my ex knows that she is in the horse business.  I've rambled, anyway cried about that quite a bit today! Finding the emotional stuff THE WORSE!

Thank you for asking.  I hope you are doing okay x

• Posted

That's horrible Sue. I agree the emotional side is the worst and for people to do that! I'm sorry I just don't know what to say sad
  • Posted

7 days woohoo!! Cutting down on the subutex and had 2 therapy sessions and told my GP everything. phew! Things can only get better.  thanks for all the encouragement!
    • Posted

Way to go! Awesome exciting news, hope the next phase goes well :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.