Detox from Codiene and Tramadol Starts Today

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have started a detox today.  Currently waiting for the withdrawals to kick in real bad before switching to subutex.

If anyone has any advice, or is going through the same thing please get in touch.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue, I'm doing Morphine withdrawal with Lofexidine/Britoflex at the moment. Day 5 and I'm feeling surprisingly well compared to previous reductions - this Lofexidine is making all the difference for me.

I'm also taking loads of vitamin and mineral supplements as recommended by others, no idea if it's helping but I feel good. I've also got some Immodium and Valium on standby if things get bad.

On previous reductions I've found it takes about 4 days for the full unpleasantness to start - gradually builds in intensity. Hope all goes well for you.

• Posted

Realy pleased to har it is going well for you.

I too am surrounded by vitamins! and have the valium on standby!

What is Lofexidne?

• Posted

Lofexidine reduces the physical symptoms of withdrawal (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lofexidine). It is commonly combined with Subutex/Methadone etc. to help crack addiction but, as I have found, it is also brilliant for those with a purely physical dependence.
  • Posted

hi if your waiting to really start clucking before taking your subutex then you should be fine.Subutex is still addictive but if your going to start reducing almost straight away then it should all be ok
    • Posted

Yeah I've promised to go as long as possible.How long roughly is the best amount of time to wait?

I was planning to start on 2mg then cut by 50% per day - what do you think?

• Posted

hi Sue - i came off Tramadol and Codiene - last september- be careful with subutex- you need to make sure you have no opiods in your system before taking it- did your doc not tell you that- sub is an opiod inhibitor- it stops the opiods getting to the receptors in your brain- if your just starting de-tox the sub will block all the remaining opiods in your system- you will hit WD's big time - the half life of Tramadol is pretty long- it took about 48 hours before i started getting real WD's if you take sub you will crash- alot depends on how much Tramadol and Codiene you were taking - i was on 1000, mg Tramadol a day and 600mg Codiene so my WD's were pretty bad for a few days- let me know if you need to know anything - best of luck -
    • Posted

Hi.  Thank you. He did but i just not sure how long I should wait.  I feel pretty awful now.  I was on 200mg tramadol and 600+mg codiene.

I think my problem was mainly the codiene - does that take as long?  You said it took 48 hours to feel WD - I wonder why I am feeling bad so quickly.  The last time I took codeine was about 2pm Thursday and tramadol Wednesday lunch time.

• Posted

48 hours for the tramadol is about right- the tramadol is the one that will cause the worst WD's, you may not be too bad on 200mg- the worst part for me was the mental WD's- if you start to get any emotional reaction - keep telling yourself it is the withdrawls nothing else- it will pass- you may feel like ....... but it will get better- drink loads of water- if you get restless legs try hot baths and epsom salts it works for alot of people- take vitamins and electrolites- from the pharmacy- i doubt you will feel like eating for a few days - dont worry, what ever you are feeling its from the drugs and will passs ok. just hang in there you will be ok - you can do this- keep posting- let us know how you are getting on- ok - you are not alone- alot of people are in a similair place- you will be fine- best of luck-
    • Posted

Thank you that's really helpful.

It is great to be able to speak to people who have been through it.

I am going to try and hold out until tomorrow lunch time. I have loads of vitamins which I have been taking for a few days now.

I am starting on 2mg subutex - how much did you take?  I am hoping to be off the subutex in 10 days as I have to get back to work - this is my annual leave.

• Posted

i didnt take anything -  i did it cold turkey- i dont recomend it-  if your stomach is bad take imodium - it works well for opiod WD's - you may not get alot of sleep the next couple of days- dont fret it- relax and accept yyou will be awake for a while- the more you stress about not being able to sleep the more tense you will get- listen to some music- or whatever you normally do to chill out- just keep telling yourself it will get better- you only have to do this once- ok all the best -
  • Posted

Hi Sue, 

i hope you are getting on ok, I stopped taking dyhydrocodeine in dec just after

christmas, I would say the first four to five days are the worst. Every day after

gets a little easier, not sleeping well lasts awhile, try to just keep positve.

i didn't take anything other than painkillers ibuprofen and paracetamol to help

with flu like symptoms. I now feel so much better it takes time but if you keep

positive you can do this. Stay srong and keep posting Ann 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.