I haven't left the house in a month, what should I do?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm 16 and suffer from agoraphobia which has started to take over my life..I wake up and feel awful, I get nausious, sometimes vomit and feel like I'm choking, as well as shaking. 

My first panic attack was in a shopping centre which has stopped me from wanting to leave my house, it's the only place I feel safe sad 

I want to try and go out again and a month ago I did, I managed to walk around the block and was very proud of myself but now I've got back to square one. 

It's not that I don't want to go outside, it's that I'm scared that I'll have an attack. 

I just wish this demon inside me would go!

Does anyone have any tips about how they manage to go outside? 

The only place I can manage is my garden!

-Hopexo 

1 like, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well If you need support I am always here if you need a friend. Always remember you are really young and this is going to be in the past soon. Work hard for it. lose your fear, let your brain rest, eat healty, stop sugars, drink tons of water and alot of B complex. walk, remember you are a good person, God loves you and this will make you grow. Forgive bad sitiuations, keep your heart clean, dont give your self more task to do , if you need to pospone your exams do it. your health comes first. everyone will understand. Try to keep a hobbie that you like, I know this is something that you worry 24/7 but one of the steps to recovery it is trying to think and do something else..  try to dont hear violent music or violent tv. Dont drink any alchool. Drink green juices everyday (lots of celery) Hope you the best and I am here if you need a friend. also you have an angel looking out fot you, we all have one. ask him for help. smile
    • Posted

And push yourself. dont let for tomorrow what you can do today.. get out of the house or go and hug a tree, take out your shoes and feel the grass.. enjoy the water in your face.. i know how hard it is, but go do it... 
  • Posted

I havr bad dizzines and breathing problems more den two years now and its getting worse ;/
    • Posted

Im 21 I had medicines for anxiety before and it didnt help me at all also i had for dizzines medicines and for balance but it didnt help me so doctor told i should stop taking it. so i am not on meds now...
    • Posted

maybe are the meds the one that are making you feel this way.. I cant tell you stop or not to stop taking something, but I can say some people can overcome anxiety without any medicine. I was one of them , I felt different types of anxietys syntoms, not just the dizziness and the thinking I was going to stop breathing, but the desperzonalization, the hedaches, the feeling constantly hot, I had to put ice on my head constantly, depression , worry, nightmares, etc etc etc , so many syntoms .. I thought I was becoming crazy, and I startered little by little to try to fight for my life everyday. Let me tell you something, lessons are broght to us in this life in different ways, this way maybe is going to teach you something, but love and hope is a big part on this, you need to stop fearing your syntoms, stop feading your fear. The only way to overcome this is patient and time. Usually people gets really worry, and I do understand. I had GAD and I know the terrible feeling, but let this be the time for you to love you more than never, not with self pitty, but with corauge and hope. be kind to yourself. 
    • Posted

Well I had that before medicines .. anyways thanks for advise I am thinking of starting some exercises like yoga or a bit of running do you think that would help??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.