End of the day discomfort

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I'm just over 7 weeks abdominal hysterectomy, I'm pretty much up to normal activity during the day ( no heavy liftingor hoovering yet), however about 6pm im about knackered and start to experience general discomfort, bit of swelling and occasional internal vaginal pain....I have others at this stage experienced simiilar symptons?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Im just over 7 weeks post op vaginal hysterectomy and I feel ok most the time, hoovering isn't great neither is pushing a shopping trolley and I'm not back at work yet. My main problem is tiredness I'm getting loads of sleep but still feel tired. Hope someone can be more helpful and you feel better soon x
  • Posted

Hi,

I am  around 16 weeks TAH, and yes, I remember the end of day fatigue, and 'Sweely belly', all a normal part of the healing after major surgery, it does get better! I got the internal pain to, but thats where my cervix used to be. Its where you muscles and internals are moving around during the day,..Read Hyster Systers website, really helpful info..Best wishes

• Posted

Yes, I am finding this too! Some days am trying to do bit more and some days I have overdone it., I still get tired in day and some days have still had to have a snooze. Not got huge pains but do get discomfort at end of day and stomach aches across scar site. Just have to think how everything felt a few weeks ago! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.