hysterectomy 5 months ago need advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 27 had an hysterectomy 5 months ago, ovary's kept. In 14 days after I had a hematoma removed. Everything was going fine till I ended up back in 6 weeks later with a pain in my side. Had a CT scan all was fine sent home... 14 weeks later ended up back in with same pain they thought appendix. Had a ultrasound scan done they said it could be my bowels that have twisted or my appendix or my ovary. Next day had a CT scan done it showed I had fluid in my pelvic.... Left another day till my gyne doctor can.and said you need a laparoscopy ... Had that done and they found my sigmoid colon was attached to my pelvic wall and my bowels where attached to my volt... And I had a 5cm cyst on my right ovary... Really just want to know when can I go back to work??? Has anyone else had a problem xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm just 4 week weeks post op, and had a vagional hysterectomy so I'm sure my recovery has been much easier. I go back for another surgery May 8th to remove my fallopian tubes since cancer was found in my uterus, I'm still undecided on the ovaries. Doctors says it's my choice if there's no cancer in the ovaries. I'm 44 but still not ready for menopause. The flip side to all this, is that I have a rare form of cancer (Endometrial Stromal Sarcama)  and the only treatment may be hormones, so I might as well have everything removed??Stacy, I hope your feeling better soon! Sorry my recovery has been pretty easy on the body hard on my mind smile Erin
    • Posted

I am glad you have had a good recovery as you have had a lot to think about. And hope your next op goes as good x
  • Posted

Hi stacey I think I had my op Nov 15th last year. I went bsck to work 15 weeks after. But I've been suffering with lower left side pain and back I did gp in to hospt for one night at 12 weeks I think i was for a bladder cat scan all ok. But I keep getting water infections and my lower back pain is not going away. I've got to go back to see the docter for my bladder but like you they need to go in to found out if anything is stuff. I take it they could not tell what was wrong on the cat scan? How do you feel now? Going bsck to work only you will no when you are right in your body xx
    • Posted

Hi Sam

They only could see I had fluid on my right side... Untill they went in with the camera and found a lot more going on... I do feel ok but I did after having the hysterectomy it was my body that wasn't ready and I ended up back in... I am.just really fed up.... Its 5 months since I had my hysterectomy but only 2 week since I had a laparoscopy and more work done on my insides...

• Posted

Hi stacey I think I had my op Nov 15th last year. I went bsck to work 15 weeks after. But I've been suffering with lower left side pain and back I did gp in to hospt for one night at 12 weeks I think i was for a bladder cat scan all ok. But I keep getting water infections and my lower back pain is not going away. I've got to go back to see the docter for my bladder but like you they need to go in to found out if anything is stuff. I take it they could not tell what was wrong on the cat scan? How do you feel now? Going bsck to work only you will no when you are right in your body xx
  • Posted

Hi Stacey Sounds like you are having a really tough time. Ive not hsd investigations but im four months post op and still having left sided sharp pain continuously. My gp insists that I just need time to heal. Reading about what you have been through makes me keener to have a scan to check things out myself. Only return to work when you feel physically andnemotionally well. x
  • Posted

Hi Stacey Sounds like you are having a really tough time. Ive not hsd investigations but im four months post op and still having left sided sharp pain continuously. My gp insists that I just need time to heal. Reading about what you have been through makes me keener to have a scan to check things out myself. Only return to work when you feel physically andnemotionally well. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.