zopiclone addict

Posted , 10 users are following.

i been on zopiclone for over 20 years , still get 28 3.75s on a friday of my gp,im buying off line too, i can go through a box of 28 7.5s in one day just to feel normal , i use aprox 28 7.5s a day if i can afford , but i dont wantto do this any more i feel fuzzy headed when  i wake up, i cry when i wake up every day, again i dont tell my gp of the amount for fear il loose those 28 , 3.7.5s , i need help but dont know what to do 

0 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Denise

so glad you have found this forum, you now have access to a supportive network. I think you HAVE to be honest with your GP - that's a huge no of pills and you will need a taper schedule to get free of these mind robbing, highly addictive insidious pills. I took zops for 10+ years, initially as prescribed. Then I found they helped my anxiety and started taking them through the day on occasio , whenever there was drama in my life. Of course the reasons/excuses for popping a pill grew. Dammit, I liked the woozy feeling - Hell yes, I could take on the world! So for the past 4 years I've being using 5-6 per day on average. I began buying online to supplement my monthly script. Then shock, horror my GP stopped prescribing as evidence emerged that the Z drugs may lead to dementia type illnesses, cancers etc. So the Z drugs were reclassified as a Class C drug. NB if you buy online you may get a visit from the police!

• Posted

the withdraw is so bad i dont care , if i took them not much that can do , 
  • Posted

Sorry Denise, hit the send button in error. Okay, so as well as risking a visit from Mr plod this must be costing you a fortune😨. You've asked for help so 3 things: get honest with your doc, believe me you will not be the 1st, remember theses things are highly addictive, it's the drug not Denise, Google the Ashton Programme and study. Finally, most importantly get to an NA meeting. You will meet others like us, who have been addicted to prescription drugs, it's free and it's the best decision I made in my life. It's not just for heroin/crack users. Lady, you gotta do something. I promise you will find a way to live life free of any mind altering substance (including alcohol ) and you will learn to love yourself because I'm thinking you don't like yourself too much at present, right? Good luck👍
  • Posted

thank you  iv had my last 4 for the day , going to slowly reduce im going to do my hardest ,  dont want to die 
  • Posted

Hi Denise

good for you! You will be so proud of yourself when you are free. In fact, you should be proud of yourself now because you recognise tthere is a problem and you are dealing with it. That's half the problem. Now, here's the difficult part you have to go through the tunnel of withdrawal alone - we are here for you and rooting for you. Expect to feel weird, to have hot and cold sweats, possible shakes and hallucinations. It will pass though it may feel like it's forever, a few days, also you will probably have rebound insomnia. Be kind to yourself, warm bubble baths and quiet music. TV is too stimulating and keep talking to us, we have been through the tunnel and understand completely.

• Posted

thank you shelia , i dont watch tv, its medi rubbish , i have 5 dogs and do alot with a dog rescue , so i will keep busy , i must cut down  iv asked my husband to take them away , i got into the day tie habit when doc dropped my diaipam id been on since 94 in to 2mg , so the morning is when i crave them x thank you for your skind words of support xx 
    • Posted

FIVE woofers, where do you live ,want a group hug and a hugathon 

with them ..They will listen to you if you get to a sticky patch,.       They 

could dig a big hole for you to bury your tabs in. they could also dig 'em

up again, but I bet you wouldn't put one in your mouth

WALKIES ,, wonderful 

• Posted

Hi Denise

good for you! You will be so proud of yourself when you are free. In fact, you should be proud of yourself now because you recognise tthere is a problem and you are dealing with it. That's half the problem. Now, here's the difficult part you have to go through the tunnel of withdrawal alone - we are here for you and rooting for you. Expect to feel weird, to have hot and cold sweats, possible shakes and hallucinations. It will pass though it may feel like it's forever, a few days, also you will probably have rebound insomnia. Be kind to yourself, warm bubble baths and quiet music. TV is too stimulating and keep talking to us, we have been through the tunnel and understand completely.

• Posted

my gp and the mental health here are not good , ive had a horrible weekend in bed because no meds , had to get some today now i feel normal, this is so bluddy hard sad(
  • Posted

Gosh Denise, that is a lot. I started on them due to not sleeping while travelling long haul, sort answer is is I got to 1 every 4-5 hrs, buying them online. When they was made class C drugs my supplier stopped, and I went to see my local GP. He couldn't handle it at first, said he had no experience, referred me to some detox centres but they were for heroin addicts and couldn't prescribe a diazepam crossover as CITA / the Ashton plan recommend. It took 6 months convincing him. Now I and down from 30mg Z's a day to 9mg diazepam only at night, going down 1mg every 3 weeks.

You really need some help here and alas these days your GP is probably the only option unless you've got £1000's to spend going to somewhere like the Priory.

The switch from Z's to Diazepam wasn't as bad as I though, I have taken no Zs since the middle of February. You can do it... the first week of the crossover was a little tough but not too bad. I hope I will be free of all benzo drugs by september - still a while but its worth it.

Good luck, K.

• Posted

ive tryed to do the ashton way , but my g droppedmy diazipam from 5 to 2 mg, and i get a week, i cant win, we ldone to you x hope i can say that one day 
  • Posted

I've taken 5 x 10 mg diazepam and 5 zopiclone and been in bed now for two days.    

I just just want to sleep all the time

plus on third bottle wine sad 

• Posted

it may mot be wise to go to sleep, as you might not wake up, given the amount of stuff you have taken.  
  • Posted

That's what I'm hoping 
    • Posted

Kerry,

I always need to sleep. I suffer panic attacks that last for literally hours, I am getting over a horrible whiplash injury, had phsiotherapy and do excercises for this every day.

This also has given me TMJ which basically means one side of my jaw pops or cracks when I chew.

I'm on a diazepam eduction programme, currently 20mg a day. Despite this, constant panic attacks, and if I get 7 hours sleep a night that is quite exceptionally good for me.

I ended up on a psycg ward for a bit the other week, but now discharged and under care of Crisis Resolution Home Treatment team.

To top it all, I got a letter today from the dr's surgery saying my iron levels were getting dangerously low - anemia - and I take anti-inflammatory drugs daily which make you lose blood through your'e stomach, so it could drop even further. So now I have to take iron tablets which give me horrendous stomach cramps.

I dont know how things got this bad. I just know I try to keep going, though every day is a horrible struggle.

I know where your'e coming from, but I still hope these problems can be conquered somwhow.

Please dont go to sleep and not wake up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.