skipping a tablet, to enjoy a night out

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm new to Orlistat although have managed to lose 2.9 stone on my own since Jan. I wanted the tablets for a motivational boost. I'm wondering though, if I've taken a tablet with lunch and then enjoy a (slightly naughty) meal out without taking a tablet, will I still suffer from the side effects?

Thanks in advance x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, well done! It all depends really! Some people do, some don't. When I was planning a bad meal I would stop the tablets the day before, and not start until 2 days after just to be safe!
    • Posted

Sounds sensible, especially as I've read that some people have a 2 day delay before things get "interesting"!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.