what foods to eat

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone i start orlistat (xenical) on monday and im not sure on what foods i can eat and what i cant can anybody help me  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hiya - just make sure anything you eat is under 5g of fat per 100g and no more than 15g of fat per meal. That is the basis. Easy to keep track on my fitness pal! No cheese, cakes or anything like that, and yes drinks do count! Good luck xx
  • Posted

Hi emma yes kat is so right you must stick to 5gms per 100gns of fat per item if you stick to this you will be fine x any foods with this amount is ok if you fancy sweet snacks try asda caramel rice cakes if you fancy cheese spread use laughing cow extra light cheese portions 20cals and ryvita crispbreads there only 19 calories each all the fat in these is really low theres lots of muller deserts you can have thats fat free and 99 cals try the cappuccino with chocolate sprinkles very nice lol fat free!! Instead of chips home made low fat ones try sweet potatoe chips asda have them all ready cut just to go in the over dolmio low fat sauce is nice for bolognaise try quorn mince for a change its quite nice fill it with mushrooms and chopped peppers and wholemeal pasta once its made you can freeze it for another night ive been using quirn sausages too they quite nice as well theres lots of things you can eat its just getting in the routine of looking out for the right foods to cook good luck keep intouch with your progress xxx
  • Posted

thank you that has helped me alot smile bit nervus on starting them but i think i can do it lol xx
    • Posted

You will be fine hun were all in the same boat on here everyone is lovely and you will get lots of good asvice and support dont worry just go for it xx
  • Posted

everything is going really well since starting the tablets ive lost about 8lb smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.