Having a nervous breakdown, what should have been next is what I should have done yesterday.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Yesterday afternoon my Doc gave me contact information for Mercy Intake.  I couldn't make myself call them.  I only called a few minutes ago as I expected them not to be in on the weekend.  No such luck. Although not in their regular hospital office on the weekends they have counselors staffed in the ER. Since I do not believe my self capable of the act of suicide I will wait until Monday to go in.  They say I will be evaluated by a psychiatrist and a review and analysis of my meds will be done, If they feel I should be admitted then I will be spot on.  Otherwise the also have outpatient treatments of various levels. I am telling myself now that I will go on Monday.  I hope I do. Is anyone available with a cattle prod just in case I can't make myself go?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, my heart goes out to you. Please if you feel so bad get help at A&E or Samaritans etc.  There is a reason why you are in this state, what has happened to you? You are not alone feeling like this and you can be sorted out. We are all here for you and will support you at all times. Look after yourself. Anne xx
    • Posted

Thank you dear Anne.  I live in the Midwest of US I have no clue what A&E or Samaritans is... Don't know how much 20 quid is either.
    • Posted

Hi, A&E is the UK equivalent of ER. Sorry didn't realise you were from the USA. Samaritans is a support network for people who feel desperate about anything in life. I presume there is something similar in America? Wherever we live people are suffering from the same sort of issues. I sincerely hope you can get some help asap. Take care and keep in touch. Anne xx p.s.20 quid is 20 English pounds, not sure how much thus us in dollars! Xx
  • Posted

Hi

What a kind lady Anne is !

I am also thinking of you right now and sending many hugs to help on your way to healing 🐼🐼🐼

As Anne said, there is help there; have faith and reach out..... You will get through this difficult time

and reflect on it in years to come.

I wish you well on Monday

Much love

Jinny

• Posted

Thank you Jinny

I sure do have the heebee jeebees today about my appt tomorrow. It is very difficult to begin with to leave the house, but to leave the house and cross the river to the city, and then to one of the biggest hospital complexes anywhere, AND go in, AND TALK TO THE PSYCHIATRIST. Just takes my breath away. Since I don't have an appointment time I'm going to head out after rush hour traffic.  I do hope they don't try to keep me there. Does anyone think that would happen?

• Posted

hi again

Don't be afraid, you will be fine.

Take me with you in your shoulder if it helps!!!

You will be writing on here next week to share your experiences and I bet you will wondering,"what was I thinking ?"

Don't forget, if you can imagine thoughts that frighten you, you also have the ability to visualise positive thoughts. Your thoughts are in your mind only; you create them.

So, come on, tomorrow is going to be a good day; your best day so far this month.

Good luck and,.....no,..... no one can keep you against your will.

Take good care and... waiting to hear how you got along.

Jinny 💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

• Posted

Well, it's noon now and I still haven't been able to make myself get out of bed, get cleaned up and go in. Every time I even attempt to move in that direction I feel like I'm having a heart attack. I know it is just anxiety but knowing it hasn't made it go away. Dunno what to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.