my sick note

Posted , 7 users are following.

Would you believe it, i phoned the docs last week as my sick note ran out yesterday, the receptionist asked how long i wanted the note for, i told her 6 weeks as that will have taken me to the 12 weeks as suggested by my surgeon. She told me to ring on Monday afternoon (yesterday) to see if it was done. I have not seen my doctor and have found out my original doctor has retired, so i have never seen this new one. I rang and they said yes its here ready. I ve just fetched it and she's gave me only 4 weeks and crossed out the stuff where it says fit for reduced hours etc, but has also ringed the bit on there where it says, "i will not need to assess your fitness for work" (after the time given). How does she know how i will be? she s never laid eyes on me, i phoned the surgery and they said to just ring for another note when that one is up but have got to ring after or on the day the note runs out as they cannot forward date a note only back date one. 

So, my work will be expecting me to go back to work on the day it is up, how do i get around that one, what if i dont go to work saying im back at the docs and then she dont give me one? My works have been vile to me from word go, saying i could go back at 6 weeks once i can drive. I have to see my surgeon tomorrow for check up and see about HRT, do you think i could ask her for one and not mention this sick note from docs, if she gives me 6 weeks could i throw the one from docs away or is it on some computerised system. I havent got a clue, i have never been on sick before.

Sorry for the long essay but i'm so stressed out

Gail

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thats much better news..you do need to be able to go and fully recover.. well done and i bet the relief is immense. Look after yourself Love Jo x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.