NHS Care during RHTHR

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've just come home from hospital and am feeling battered and bruised with my brain a total mush, but I've now realised how wonderful the level of care we get when we go through our ops - from the consultant right through to the cheery cleaners washing around our beds every morning. I was just wondering how everybody else feels.

Annie

3 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello Anna like you I had a first class service on the NHS. Ward sister phoned me at home after my first night at home to check all was well. I was under the top consultant and think this had much to do with my 5* treatment. He is held in great esteem by the hospital staff. Rumour has it even his implants know how to behave

Hope your recovery goes according to plan

Xx

• Posted

Morning Annie,

welcome me back to the 'recovery' world.  Glad your op and care went well.  I also had s good experience and likewise thank my lucky stars that we have such a fantastic health service (even though it can be a bit frustrating at times).  Where else in the world would you get the level of care and expertise for free!

Take it easy and get well at your pace in your own way.  I have physio coming round this morning to se me some more goals (again where else would you get that for free)!  Hoping to get out for a longer more challenging walk this afternoon and have tea on the table when the family come home later - I had my op on 30th April so feel I am doing ok.  Back to see consultant on Monday.  Have a good day.

• Posted

Hi Annie!

Welcome to hippy landscape!

Yes care with NHS is often unappreciated...mine was excellent too.

My main worry is that each consultant or surgeon presently does his or her own thing...and as a result we hippies get different messages or strategem depending on where in UK we live.

So ask questions and have a lovely recovery.

Mic x

• Posted

You are so spot on there. The care I received was perfect and couldn't have been bettered anywhere. My Consultant even came in on his day off to see me. I am glad and pleased to see someone else appreciating what they do.  
  • Posted

Morning Anna, I actually work at the medical center here in New Jersey USA where I had my procedure. After my surgery I woke up in the most gorgeous private room and was shocked lol. It had a beautiful view of the Navesink River, panaromic view, the River was gorgeous all lit up at night. The staff I couldn't sing their praises enough. From the Nurses to the Dietary staff who brought food up, to the housekeepers everyone was fantastic. I'm very lucky to be working for this outstanding medical center. Going back to work on June 8th, back to the very Operating Room where I had my procedure and I plan on making the rounds to all the departments who were on hand tomake my recovery an awesome experience. Here's a pic of my Medical Center
  • Posted

I too have lots of reasons to be grateful for the care received on different occasions by me and my husband. The NHS needs the resources to give outstanding care, and is slowly recovering from years of under funding.

I cannot praise the medical team and nursing staff who carried out my op, and cared for me enough.

• Posted

I'm now 10 months and remembering back July 2014 I felt the same way you're feeling now.

The level of care was there round the clock.

The day I was scheduled to go home, hospital ordered my walker and ambulette to take me home. The surgeon ordered a personal nurse and physical therapist to come to my home for therapy.

I can't complain. Up to now I'm feeling great and in hopes you will come through with your recovery. It takes time I call it baby steps. Whatever activity you pick don't over do it. God Bless.

• Posted

Hi Anna,

what a great thing to post!

Yes my care under the NHS was fantastic from the consultant to the cleaners, everyone was lovely. I had both my hips done in the same place, second one four months after the first.The ward Sister remembered me and actually came to pick me up from recovery!

Cheers, Jennifer, UK

• Posted

Hi annie! Welcome to this wonderful group of hippies! I had my hip done in the Nuffield Woking but under the NHS! They were wonderful to me as I also suffer from anxiety! I hope that you have got a good support team in!?please don't over do things! Hope you will take a garden chair out when you can and relax! Regards Amanda
  • Posted

Thank you for all your lovely replies! And advice. I'm determined to move forward slowly and not try to push myself like I usually do. I also have M.E. and I don't want to have to be dealing with that too!

Onwards and upwards!

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.